Should I buy a new or used XBOX 360 from gamestop?

I have $82 credit to gamestop, so I want to buy a XBOX 360. I dont know if I should buy used or new. Deff getting a hard drive, for online play. So I want to know if anyone has bought a used XBOX 360 and how they liked it? If it gave you any problems (rrod, etc). I am also thinking about just buying the arcade one and buying a used harddrive. What should I do? I am low on cash, so I dont have enough for the elite. Thanks

I’d go new, a friend of mine went through several used ones before getting a new one that’s lasted. Plus he’s got a warranty now.

i bought one and fixed it but if i had the money i would go buy a new one so i had the warranty.

go new if you have the option.

i would buy a new arcade and find a cheap hard drive on craigs list…

What size hard drive should I get?

1-2 Petabytes should be decent

doesnt matter… unless your absolutely crazy about gaming… i have a 20 gig and i have yet to use half of it. although i know people who set up their netflix and they install all there game discs on their consoles and have 20 gig of music on their hard drive… all preferences. i only play 2 games and dont listen to music or watch movies on mine. codmw2 + forza 3 all you need =)

i lol’d

but yea…you’re better off just finding a new xbox arcade, then finding a 20gb HDD somewhere.

Ok, thanks for all the help. I only used 1-1/2 memory cards for ps2, which are only 8gb each. I wouldn’t be listening to music or watching movies on it.

It would probably be a better buy to get like a 120GB or 250GB than a measly 20.

$54 on Newegg for a 500GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148395

IIRC the Arcade edition doesn’t have all the HD hookups (HDMI), does it?

fixed. and with the capabilities of the 360 compared to a ps2 they really dont compare and considering with the 360 theres game updates and such that have to be stored on the hard drice if youre going to play online

I am pretty sure you have to buy the actual Xbox360 hard drive

new arcade xbox’s do in fact come with HDMI ports on the console.

well…there are specific WD HDD that you could buy and you could swap, however there is FW you have to load on the HDD itself in order for the console to recognize it as a legit xbox HDD…i did it last year…but its MUCH easier to just buy the xbox HDD lol

but yea…you can’t just buy a laptop HDD and swap it out…wont work like that.

Yeah I have no Idea…I heard it was a SATA drive with an adapter…I don’t own an Xbox, nor do I want to own one.

i play online and download every update… so… i have atleast 10 gig left… so any size hard drive should do the trick for a casual gamer

Oh, and I just bought one on craigslist. It was hardly used at all. If the price is right, you can do well on it.

Then thanks for feeling the need to post here. :picard:

To the OP… I’d be worried about buying used just because the failure rates are so high with RRoD. If you play the 360 more than once a week it’s not so much IF you’ll get RRoD but WHEN you’ll get RRoD.

And a 20gb drive is fine if you don’t want to download games or movies to it or install games to run off the hard drive. I usually play one game a lot then move on to something else so I install that game to my 20gb drive for the faster load times then when I switch to something else remove it and put the new game on the hard drive.

You’re welcome…

I appears it is just a 2.5" SATA sitting inside the shell. Here is a instructable on swapping drives.

Yes and No. It’s a specific model by western digital that you need. and:

Q. Will this tool allow me to connect a 500 gb drive to my x360 ?
A. No. The information on sector 16 is signed and can’t be changed. You can
only use size where you have a valid signature for. In otherwords, if a
bigger HDD comes out, you can use that signature.

So at this point, you can only use a 120gb drive max.