Shredd & Ragan no longer @ Lancaster

Shredd and Ragan will be moving to a park off of River Road in N. Tonawanda this year per the Clutch Artist Cruise night schedule. Lancaster speedway didnt’ want them back is the word LOL!

Hahaha I’m surprised. We all know the riff-raff that S&R brought to the track but I thought that DTRP made so much money that they were ok with it.

I guess not. LOL

Shit, now where am I gonna go make a pass in my DD?

Didn’t the track start charging $1 or something towards the end of the season?

Update: the park is going to be Gratwick Park

Josh: That $1 was supposidly to cover security costs since the girl got stabbed there.

The cats out of the bag. I announced this at the meeting on Sunday. Details are still being finalized.
There’s more to the story than everyone thinks. I’ll follow that with why wouldn’t the track want something that brough in 10+ thousand people a week?

Gratwick Park in NT is an awesome park. That’s where we held the RodandPiston.com Super Cruises for 5 years. Also where I take my hovercraft for some passes.

I’m honestly glad it’s not at the track. Closer to my house, I don’t have to worry about cleaning all the dust off my car, and no stupid 30 minute lines to get in so they can collect a $1 from participants. There was hardly anything worth going down the track on those nights either. And they didn’t prep it so it was a matter of time until someone hit a wall.

Correct, adding to the demise of this event. That was the track’s decision and S&R faught against it

Don’t worry now your tax dollars will be used to keep the public park secure from the trash :tup:

Buahaha… shinanagins somewhere else now huh? Saw this happening. Well, I guess at least I wont be wasting my time watching mini vans go down a drag strip. lol

Stab tax: $1.

River road is HEAVILY policed due to the speed limit drop from 55 -> 30 and all the park-goers in the summer as you’re likely aware. I can see this move as positive & negative.

This is a bad idea.

No more shitty drag strip.

If it’s anything like the mess that was cruise night at Lancaster NT will kick this out of Gratwick after the first night.

It is policed and that is a good thing. Patrol the asshats leaving

I don’t think it will be that bad. I think it will turn for a better event.

But now it’s just like any other cruise night. The only thing that was cool about it was the drag strip which no other cruise nights have.

Now I have absolutely no reason to go. I can see cars sitting around in a parking lot at any other cruise night where there WON’T be any trash.

95% of the cars going down the track were rot boxes and mom’s station wagon. You can honestly say you’ll miss that. Go on one of the other nights when there are cars worthy of going down the track there.

:bigblap:

I will say that some of the draw to S&R at Lancaster was to see all the wierd/strange/stupid/etc… and that applies to cars and people. The drag stip was entertaining at times.

This might actually lower the amount of shit cars that show up because the track is not open. Also some of the trash as well.

the trash got worse and worse at the summit…moved to lancaster, not too bad. after a while the trash got worse and worse yet again. hopefully this isnt a repeat for gratwick park.

i think this will draw in more of a different crowd. i see this being much more family and kid friendly as the river and the rest of the park is right there, so parents can bring their kids to check out some cars as well as enjoy the rest of the park.

:tup: great news.