Shreks boosted GSR Build

he needs at least a block guard.

Its looking good bro.
HOw much longer do you think?

btw, you should be fine with stock sleeves. There was a guy at ATCO raceway this past sunday boosting 25psi on stock sleeves, and running high 10’s with just a simple turbo setup, and a shitty ebay manifold.

[quote=“layzie,post:21,topic:32325"”]

he needs at least a block guard.

[/quote]

NO he doesnt… says who?

ya but im sure he at least had a block guard to stop the stock sleeves from moving and cracking.

why the fuck wouldnt he put one in. its like what a hundard bucks for added saftey.

[quote=“layzie,post:24,topic:32325"”]

ya but im sure he at least had a block guard to stop the stock sleeves from moving and cracking.

[/quote]

NOpe. Its funny how the only name brand shit he had was an AEM fuel rail, and 1/2 fuel lines, and still managed to run 10’s :eekdance:

He was running a Mirco-tech though.

[quote=“layzie,post:24,topic:32325"”]

why the fuck wouldnt he put one in. its like what a hundard bucks for added saftey.

[/quote]

both posts and a block guard could be done for sub 200 (they both do different things). i personally like (and used) the golden eagle block guard.

its extra saftey so why not do it ya know

i concur

lol

lol

i thought you can just pound them in. i dont know i said fuck a block guard and posts and went sleeves.

i wouldnt push it over 20psi on stock sleeves, and you have a larger turbo so 20 is going to be pushing it. if you want it tuned right and safe take it to Evans, he is the king of stock sleeve tunes and one of the best honda tuners in the US

lol

the GE block guard is a slip fit. you just slide it in

lol

do a HMT block guard :gotme:

i would block fill the top inch or so of the water jacket and then drill out the block fill where the head gasket holes are. We did that before on an LS/Vtec and it worked good. Easier than block posting imo and probably cheaper than a block guard also. And whats wrong with zip ties? Zip ties ftw!

here you go:
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=36739.0

Over 400whp no block guard and stock sleeves I’m not worried in the least bit. Unless you have your block bored AFTER installing the block guard don’t put it in. Just my 2 cents. O and I run neptune, Evens knows his shit i wouldn’t go anywhere else.

[quote=“mindless,post:37,topic:32325"”]

Over 400whp no block guard and stock sleeves I’m not worried in the least bit. Unless you have your block bored AFTER installing the block guard don’t put it in. Just my 2 cents. O and I run neptune, Evens knows his shit i wouldn’t go anywhere else.

[/quote]

it drops in, there is no welding, there is no pressure on the sleeve. there is no way it could distort the bore.

and for the record, dave blundell > evans

Zer0DazE tunning … FOR THE WIN

i say just throw 15lbs at it all day and call it a week … and if you blow build a ls :gotme:

lol