: Sigh : Why can't the Travis insanity ever end? NASIOC scammer thread...

Paul that’s my theory and my exact thinking of the whole thing right now. I believe that “someone” is still paying the loan on this car to avoid trashed credit(cosigner maybe) and thus the reason why I have not had a single visitor or phone call about the chassis. I don’t think the bank REALLY knows the deal on the cars current condition yet. I could be wrong about it, but again that’s just my theory.

Legally you cannot do that. I scrap ~ 20 cars a year easy to pay for the insurance on our wrecker and unless the chassis is free and clear of any liens you cannot legally dispose of the chassis. Big fines, and/or lawsuits from lien holders are possible.

And my retort to that would be to promptly deliver the car to his mothers driveway as it sits, laying frame on bare asphalt.

The car will be gone soon one way or another, but I’m not about to dispose of it until I have permission from the bank. About 1/2 the car is still buried under ~3’ of solid ice/drift snow yet but that’ll melt in the next couple weeks.