Silly ricer question about FWD burnouts with a 5 spd

Hey guys, I know this is a dumb question for most of you but I’m gonna ask anyways. Today is my towns car cruise and we always have a burnout show… well I’m entering my Honda. Now I have never done a burnout with a 5 speed so do I need to shift as I do it? or just leave it red lined in 1st??? Also any other pointers would help. I’m used to the good ol fashioned slam the gas and watch the smoke from my pickup. e-brake on? stuff like that.

anyone who doesnt have plans come on down to Rochester and watch. Bring a vid camera if you do so i can get someone to film it.

shift to 2nd :cool:

in a FWD :dunno: never tried it

i learned at an early age on my big wheel FWD sucks :kekegay: :slight_smile:

I’m gonna go practice

2nd gear sucks for burnouts in my car… stupid Honda doesnt make much smoke compared to the s-10…

it will if u lite it on fire!!!

dont really feel like makin a $17,000 fire today…

it wheel hops like a bitch though… would just take the truck but they check insurance/inspection, etc… and it has neither

keep in first, drop clutch at approx 4000, lock ebrake hold steady rpms once spinning or let it bounce off rev limiter :burnout:

I don’t think a stock SI will be able to hold a burnout unless he oils the tires or a 50,000 lb boulder is placed directly in front of his hood.

Thanks, I was out playin and its a Honda dont forget… I gotta drop the clutch around 5500 to get a good spin. :rofl:

Mmmmmmk mr Xricer himself!!!

Yep, I’m talking from experience with stock honda burnout attempts.

befor or after the YELLOW strips??? :stick:

:nono: never had stripes. Just yellow H stickers and neuspeed windshield banner. :sadwavey:

:greddy: er

put tire shine on your tires, then put bricks in front of the back wheels

put a bunch of heavy stuff in your trunk, ebrake on, rev it up and drop the clutch. if you’re going to shift, make sure you don’t let your foot off the gas and powershift that bitch.

think its gonna be a terrible burnout… its a civic… I will try anyways

wut time is this show?

i only held the ebrake and did a burnout in my daytona twice, but it was nice! i’d just let the clutch out and punch it and take it to about 4000rpms, shift, and then let it spin both tires and kept the rev at a steady 2500rpms, turbo did all the work :bigthumb: but… RWD Burnouts>FWD Burnouts

if i find a VNT motor for my daytona, theres plans to turn it sideways and make it RWD (shown below), but im guessing it will make alot less WHP

my only tip i can think of for you is to bring some 10W-30 if your doing a burnout in a honda

it did ok… for a honda… didnt get good shot of it, my cousin was filming and he’s technologically inept. My sister did my 2nd time around in my pickup and did ok with that :bigthumb: