attempted a 6 gear burnout

went to put new tires on my car today so i decided to burn the old bfg drag radials off first.

first attempt i tried to get the tires spinning slowly but didnt hit the brake hard enough for the line lock to hold so i just rolled.

next try i hit the brake harder, started to spin them slow then floored it hit the rev limit so i shifted to 2nd still spinnin went to 3rd still going shifted to 4th going great so i shifted to 5th which i have never done while doing a burnout but didnt even bog the motor with all that torque so i thought what the hell and shifted to 6th and the tires spun a little then slowed and stopped all while my motor was a 6000 rpm and i fried my clutch in about 6 seconds. i was pissed i only had 1100 miles on that clutch. so i ordered a new centerforce dfx clutch kit today and im going to have fun putting it tommorow yay. nobody has to say anything i already know im a idiot for even trying it

:rofl:

here is a video of it
http://videos.pittspeed.com/video/3871ae17-92aa-4922-ad4d-9968016f0281.htm

Video isnt working for me :dunno:

but that was gonna be my next question was did u at least get a video…:rofl:

i dont know why if i click on it, it works

works for me, cool vid!

:rofl: the smoke starts to come from INSIDE the car!!! ohes noes!

That hurts about the clutch, but that was a cool video.

It sounded/looked like your 5-6 shift was a tad slower than the rest.

might want to look into a line lock?

cool video though!

beautiful car

welp at least you sold your tranny today lol

here is a vid of the interior smokin
http://videos.pittspeed.com/video/30662005-bbe0-47e2-9574-9968017f8d4c.htm

:rofl:

yea and i used the money for the clutch

whoops :rofl:

i do have line lock read the first post

reading > *

it sounds more like an excuse to upgrade :dunno:

i didnt really want to sell the tranny but i needed the cash. i was planning to keep it just in case the t56 blew up

yea i bought the centerforce dfx it is one step better then the centerforce duel friction that i had in it. has anybody ran these clutches before?