How to Destroy a Clutch - by TurboLS1

first you take this:

and then you add this:

http://speed-eng.com/store/images/Mickey%20Thompson%20ET%20Street-Radial.jpg

and you get:

more pics:

(hey, 1 out of 4 ain’t bad :banghead:)

think it may finally be time for that 4L80E…

I see what you did there

failure under launch conditions or just under load?

launch… it was a GREAT clutch; i just don’t think it was meant for hard launches. i really should have had the carbon disc upgrade. after i cut a 1.55 it was all downhill.

PG time.

That’s some quality carnage.

lolz

WOW,

good job…with the 1.55.

Did you lift the wheels?

i dont think he did jim has the vid, but it was a sick launch. good carnage lol

i don’t know, it all happened so fast, lol. that was my 9 second run for sure, but it wouldn’t let me in 2nd. Jim has it on video. then i couldn’t duplicate it all night. very frustrating

1.55 with 3800#s & those meats… uh yea.

Nice work man.

Put an AUTO in that car!!

An animal for sure. That’s some hairy shit to rip that clutch up.

Wow. No other damage correct? If so :tup: Just get something that can handle the power and keep on truckin’.

did you put it in right? or pay $500 to have it put in? :wink:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NoaIBawRd-4/R75yG4ZzITI/AAAAAAAAEaI/xRP4tX2Kw7k/s400/money-to-burn.jpg

:frowning:

i know this,
i will punch you

although if i do auto, i can probably do that for the price i sell my T56 shit for

+1 any other damage?

in for the video.

dude, you should know better. you can either have a streetable clutch(full face) or a racing clutch (puck design). you would be crazy to reinstall another full face disc and then try to go drag racing again. well, unless you enjoy dropping trannies and welding discs to flywheels.:smiley:

i didn’t plan on dragging the car when i bought the clutch… hence having the full faced carbon discs. my fault either way you look at it, but oh well.

and nope, no other damage.

i can get this same clutch with carbon disc upgrades for 1600hp and track use… but we’ll see how it goes