How to Destroy a Clutch - by TurboLS1

i would get the carbon clutch, from my experience they work awesome and are easier on the drivetrain

Silly Turby…Always breaking something.

lol

organic is way easier than carbon… i’ve had organic, carbon, kevlar, and sintered iron clutches before…

honestly at the point im at, if it’s a stick, nothing is easy in any respect on the drivetrain anymore… :frowning:

Auto it. You’ll love the consistency and it will make for a super fun cruiser, IMO.

I heard you were hot lapping the fuck out of the car from jim…sounds like that played a part in the failure. oh well live and learn I guess

you heard wrong. the car had more than enough time to do it’s thing, not to mention most of the runs weren’t even full passes :rx3:

things break when you’re putting a lot of power through them, nothing new here

cough Auto cough

im calling up carl today to get a quote and some advice. aiming towards 4l80e but my knowledge of autos doesn’t go very far

why go auto? just dont run a full face disc. call up clutchnet.com. they will set you up nice. i have had zero issues with mine.

turbociv stop being a fggt go break an axle

:slight_smile:

the issue i have is whether it’s the clutch or something else, the t56 is causing me to break a lot of stuff. it’s just such a huge shock on the whole drivetrain. whether it’s the clutch, trans, rearend, or heaven forbid the engine, im destroying things at $1500+ a pop and its starting to become a big burden.

I am still surprised that happened…

You get any posts on LS1tech of this happening to other people?

haven’t looked yet… although i haven’t seen too many people do a 1.55 on a turbo t56 car.

its not the t56. its the mickey thompsons that are harsh on drievtrains. Every since i got rid of mine and went to a bias ply hoosier i have yet to break anything including axles. However clutch riding and slippage is what did your clutch in being a full face. Are you runin solid bushings or eurothane bushings in your rear suspension and rear? id recommend going back the the oem’s if so for softer abuse to your drive line.

rod end and poly. when i have my hoosiers on i brake stuff too…

Ouch you accidently the whole clutch

btw: I’ve got an alum powerglide for a good core if needed

stop trying to break stuff.:smiley:

thanks man, i’ll keep that in mind

:banghead:

ugh i was there :(, sorry to hear bill this blows.
what are you going with next?

For as awesome as your car is, being broken all the time would piss me off so much.

I am pissed off that the a/c stopped working in the vette… lol.