so travis claims he kills clutches

PSA : since Shady cant ready the link i posted a few posts down to the mod list of the particular car, i will cut out the confusion, this is not a Fidanza flywheel, it is an Unorthodox Racing Aluminum flyhweel this is how you kill a clutch :wow

700whp 1.8t flat foot shifting at 9100rpm.

this is why aluminum flyhweels are junk
notice where the bolts got ripped out

awsome carnage pics

I’d say its dead

this guy got lucky, 9100 rpm, no scattersheild, and nothing went into the car… destroyed the case, and a ding on the bottom of the car but the outcome could have been fatal.

That is quite fortunate…any reason for not running a scattershield?

wasnt deemed necessary at that point in time… this car is off VWVortex. guy named frankiebonez. 707whp. scattersheild is going to be installed when the car gets put back together. hes waiting on a twin disk and a steel flywheel for it.

:wow

Fuck me! 700hp 1.8T!?

List of mods please!?

I don’t like aluminum flywheels.

thats the cause of all the carnge not the clutch .but still impresive out of a nazi box ;D

:eek Travis would re-use it :haha

no he bought it like that get it right … ;D

is this a Dahlback built vehicle?

here is what she looks like in DD trim :ohnoes

:lol :nono dahlback does nothing these days, especially with a 1.8T

built by www.ForceFedEngineering.com tuned by Kevin Black of lugnuts tuning.

not so. the clutch caught, stretched the straps on the PP, and twisted so violently it ripped the flywheel apart along with everything else… 707whp 9100rpm flat foot shift, on slicks, with a nasty tranny and nasty axles, something is gonna give. Southbend warrantied the clutch too.

ahhh ok didntread all of it im retarted

i never liked the idea of an aluminum flywheel. i use OEM 14lb steel… the new clutch and flywheel is a twin disk, steel flywheel with a chromoly PP

no reason for it less rotating mass big deal not a huge gain on a dyno maybe but not in real world conditions

breaking isnt winning.