Get your flywheel balanced.

I’m not sure how many people are aware of this, but I figured I would let everyone know. As seen in my build thread, I will be running a new clutch and flywheel setup this coming season and I want to make sure there are no issues (or as little as possible, lol). Anyway, many people I know have just thrown in their new fidanza flywheels and ran them not even thinking twice about getting them balanced. They just assume (and I would have to) a new aftermarket flywheel would come balanced and ready to go…

So just to be on the safe side, I bring my new flywheel to Hunts machine shop to have it’s balance checked. Turns out it was 14 grams off! I guess this is quite a bit out of whack for a flywheel.

Just a heads up to any of you guys planning to run a fidanza (or any flywheel for that matter), may want to have it checked beforehand just to be safe.

Nick

Qft! I couldnt believe that when he said that…crazy shit for the price ya pay for that stuff…

Jay Micare’s brand new one from the UUC retards was 43 grams off. Brand new.

:rofl

Holy fuck!

Word!

Wow, thats WAY off! Had to remove quite a bit of material on that one.

Word. And with all the balance issues our motors have at high RPM, Boxersix and the guys at Hunt’s went bananas balancing the whole motor. Bad things could’ve happened if it was just slapped together.

And I’m sure it happens all the time…

now that i think about it, I put a fidanza flywheel in my gsr and didint get it blanced. Drove the car for about 2000 miles and then sold it, week later guy emailed me and said the car started knocking lol Prolly wasnt the reason just a weird coincidence

good to know!!! i have a fidanza flywheel for my civic not installed yet.(good thing). how much did u pay at hunts to have it balanced? def need to get done

QFT!!!

I always assumed this as well untill I looked into getting one for the Z31… A few members at Z31 perf have had flywheels gernade the whole back end and bellhousing of their trannys due to them being out of balance…

The owner of Z31perf had one come apart on him at high speeds at 7krpm and completely destroyed his motor and tranny…

It seems the few people Ive talked to running findenzas all seem to be 12-14 grams out of balance, not one person has ever gotten one in balance that has acctualy gone thru the trouble of double checking

I have a brand new Fidanza waiting in the shop for my car too, I’ll be making a run down to Hunt’s as well.

The only flywheels I have had that were balanced right are act and exedy. Fidanza sucks and so does their customer service.

it was like 55 bucks. could be more or less depending on the flywheel type

My guess is a lot less than the cost of fixing the potential damage to your car :tongue

Sorry had to be “that” guy.

Get that ish done.

QFT? Good thing I got mine done…tranny and engine are wayyy to expensive to replace because of a $400 flywheel.

There really isn’t any other option for my car, so atleast it is balanced now.

You may be “that guy” although you are correct sir.

QFT = Quoted for truth or Quit fucking trolling

Damn internet lingo.

every 3 grams off balance at 4 k is equivelant to 200 lbs off balance or some shit ,was readin that a whike agothats one hell of a vibration you would of been lookin for after all said and done

damn thats nuts…im going to be getting a new clutch in th spring and i was thinking about a lightweigh flywheel all i kow now is if i get it im heading down to hunts for some work