How to Destroy a Clutch - by TurboLS1

meh, i’ll be driving by the weekend.

it’s not like i’d have the time to drive it before then anyways

im surprised you put that clutch in there. time for a ram 6 puck and centerforce lightweight flywheel? dont talk bad about the t56…autos are for whiney girls anyways.

holy carnage! i bet that made some cool noises lol

auto and stall then maybe will see some wheels up! that does suck though!

why? McLeod makes a great clutch. I’m pretty sure centerforce doesn’t make anything close to being up to the task and Ram’s strongest clutch that i know of is rated lower than this one.

you guys gotta realize that just because equipment might be “rated” at a certain figure, it doesn’t mean everything is going to be fine and dandy after long periods of abuse. at 1000hp, stuff will break. it is inevitable, and there are no exceptions other than if the vehicle was parked.

ok could one lift the wheels with a 5speed ??? <~~ really I did not think you could answer please.

Auto x10000000000000

if you dont like it you can always go back to manual, its only money

Glide?

That would be a stupid idea…his car also weighs to much for that.

Glides can be built for the weight. Problem is you lose all aspect of drivability with a 2 speed (street wise).

Weird every time people suggest going glide with 4th gens they suggest it for the cars with a low race weight.

called up putnam, he said carl won’t touch OD’s for high HP cars… :frowning:

Turbo 400 with a gear vendors OD

Who built the 4l80e in that Parish guys truck on LS1tech?

ill have to do some research. oroc was telling me about OD’s for th400. i already have the th400 core

probably rossler or bowler or some place like that. i’m pretty sure they are going for like $3500 :eek:

i think mightymouse is also running a 4L80E. his setup is almost identical to mine, and he runs 8.75 in the 1/4 @ 3900lbs on 17" rims

I think the built th400 + gear vendors OD is a similar in price.

Look at it this way $3500 - Built T56 - Cost of new clutch = Priceless wheelies

well yes that is the upside… what i can sell my t56 stuff for.

built T56
stock bell
QTP bell
blanket (if i get a SFI case)
mcleod master

:frowning:

But knowing you it would be…

Cost of 4l80 + Leet wheelies crushing oil pan + Cost of T56(6 months down the line when you get bored) + Clutch + Clutch + Clutch

As much as I want to see your car auto I think you would get bored. However it would be interesting to see track results with it and at the end of the day its not my money :slight_smile:

:frowning: …just when i was starting to have an Auto mindset you confuse my head again. real good steve.

i wouldn’t be able to go all out anyway. i need a full cage and all the other BS safety equipment

Well on the other end of things the re sale value of a 4l80e is still high.

If you get bored you could swap back

Why didn’t you just sell the camaro and build a vette :slight_smile: