Silver box in engine bay - 180sx

I’ve had no luck researching the item as I have no clue what it is and have never come across someone asking it before.

This silver unit is located in the engine bay of my 180 in between the firewall and my strut tower.
I have NO clue what this is. It has 2 wires leading into the harness (which I’ve yet to open up and follow back). Don’t mind the red wiring…that is my doing.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7422/photobje.jpg

Any insight would be nice, as I’m looking to use that spot for other things and would like to eliminate this unit if possible.

Thanks,

Mike

hmm its funny how u dont ask the people that actually know these things… u dont need it

It’s a flux capacitor. How many times I gotta tell you?

i cant see on this shitty monitor but was yours an automatic? i think that box is for the automatic, its a resistor to bring the voltage down to 6v or something along those lines.

nope, my 180 has one aswell

So what is it then Peter.

It’s a dropping resistor for the line pressure solenoid valves on the A/T models.

Both of your 180sx’s were probably swapped to 5 spd.

Nope, mine was 100% not automatic. And from what I found earlier today…it may be the injector power resistor? Any confirmation from anyone?

An injector resistor box has 6/7 wires, no? I’ve seen multiple threads about this silver box

The most common answer is the A/T box - Enjuku told a guy this is what it was.
Second would be that it is tied into a variable voltage fuel pump regulator.
Third is that it goes no where, just through the firewall grommet to a plug near the ecu, connected to nothing.
Fourth is a few guys saying that its the injector resistor box but i’m not sure how that would work with only 2 wires…

It’s definitely not the A/T box, my car was never automatic.

Yep. Caught that the first time too.

I’ll correct myself for saying it was for A/T and say that I was saying just what most people thought it was.

This is an injector dropping resister. It has 5 wires. 1 per cylinder + gnd. (JECS A15-000J03)
http://www.rhdjapan.com/nissan-oem-4-cylinder-dropping-resistor-17931

The resistor for the line pressure solenoid valves on the A/T models APPARENTLY looks exactly the same and has 2 wires. (JECS A15-000G02)

So from some more things I’ve read apparently that box is wired in even if your SR/180/Silvia is manual.

Yep.

So lose it lol. Those 2 wires probably arent hooked up to anything on the other end.

I have the time, I may run through my harness…who knows. LOL
Thanks though.

Sick, was about to take mine out, now i know.
Thanks