silver experts step in

ok so a long while ago i was given a key chain that is silver somewhere on it lol. its a one inch square with some sort of black gem or stone in it. it has a 3 inch chain with a clasp on the end that is marked MEXICO ?0-54 .925. i know that the .925 is the purity of the silver but i am curious what this piece is worth and how much of it is silver. if anyone knows of i place i can take this to find out i would be very happy as iv been curious for about a year now about it. thank you everyone for any help you can provide…[ATTACH=CONFIG]20987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20988[/ATTACH]here are 2 pics. figured this would be better

Weigh the silver piece and then throw the weight in the below link using .925 sterling…
http://www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp?WeightU=20&Units=g&Metal=Ag&PurityC=.925&Purity=0.925&PrOzt=&Markup=0

My problem is I don’t know how much Of it is silver. The chain or just the hook. That’s where my problem lies.

Trade for American flag bead pins?

That thing is UGLY.

How about airport plaza jewelers? They beat the competition like a bass drum!

They gave me the worst quote when I was trying to sell some gold I acquired over seas.

Yes very ugly. Only held onto it bc some part somewhere is silver haha.

ROFL!

Brah…shit don’t cost an arm & a leg!
They offered me $400 for something that had a retail of $4k. I don’t expect $4k retail from a glorified pawn shop but $400…cmon now. They are crooks and have gay ads to top it off.

It’s tough to say…a metal analyzer is something like $50k so a jeweler won’t be doing a metal analysis cheap or free. Just weight it and treat it as all silver…how big can that really be if it’s a keychain? Ballpark it…silver’s at $28 today so it’s not like gold with a $1,600 an oz. price tag.

Bahbahbagahhh!

I can’t imagine something more ugly, lol. Good luck!

I have a shop in Hamburg. Silver is really not worth much, but I’ll give you substantially more than Airport Plaza Jewelers.

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SI&p=d1

This link will tell you what it’s worth per ounce. I wouldn’t take less than spot as a seller…you can probably toss it on CL and net a premium from the doomsday type.

i have no intention of selling it, iv just been curious as to how much silver there is…

I know TAG near the airport has a metal scanner to determine what’s silver. I don’t know what they charge though…never had to get anything analyzed.

Baker is hooking me up tomorrow! thank you everyone… and i think it needs to be said one more time… THIS THING IS UGLY

Thr is the worst looking this ever! How would one even wear it?!
Nvmd just saw it was a keychain. Still mega ugly

yea this thing sat in my safe for quite a few years with other silver coins and stuff. from the looks of it i don’t think it ever was used