Sim Rig

So anyways as some of you know who are into sim games and shit like that I ordered an Obutto a couple months back. I was and still am using a single monitor setup, the only difference being I was using a 21" up until today. I was going to go with a triple monitor setup but I honestly don’t want to for simplicity and I want to use a TrackIR (for “realism”), uses subtle head movements to move the camera rather than binded look left/right buttons, its fluid movement and you can look around the whole car.

See this video for demo of TrackIR : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxIBXFvsGj4

Anyways got an awesome deal on a 32" LCD TV today, and honestly I really dident think about how big a 32" was going to be…

But its fucking on this thing…

ANyways I love it, makes me feel much more immersed in the game.

Owens haveing a good time in a COT

Although I think the g/f is really going to enjoy full screen farmville :rofl

nice stuff!

owens is sooooo gayyyyyyyy

+1, he kept trying to get me to give him “road head” :rofl:rofl

Plus Rep!

hahahahahaha +rep.

NICE dude! That 285 is the tits in Iracing right! I am in welding one up myself right now. I got the frame and the seat mount, and pedal mount all finished. I need to get some more steel though. I should have it finished this week, aslong as I can figure out a way to get to the metal supermarket this week.

I am doing the same thing 32" LCD aswell. I am also mounting the 4 suround speakers around the rig, and the subwoofer will just sit on the floor next to it.

Ohh an the trackIR is sick too. My buddy at work does alot of flight sims and says it works awesome! I didnt know it was compat. with iracing… I will have to check one out.

Little advice, Mount the 32" about 3-4ft away… Mine is about 2 1/2 and while it takes up my whole FOV and I get the immersed feeling, I hate seeing pixels :rofl Once I get into a race it doesnt really bother me, but when im dicking around in practice or just waiting for a run to start, I tend to notice them and they piss me off

Anyways cant wait to see it man!

BTW I’m a fag and am getting much more serious into it… Look at getting Fanatec Club Sport pedals, I’ll be picking up a set next week… Much better design, higher resoloution and use a potentiometer about ~150bucks maybe a little less now IDR…

Also getting a different shifter, as I absoloutely hate the G25’s… Probably going to go with the Lightning SST… its 100 bucks

Then going to get a MOMO Wheel with adapter plate for a bigger wheel… and eventualy I think I’m going to get a FREX Wheel next year if Im still heavily into it, from what I’ve read and can hear, its the smoothest, strongest and accurate FFB wheel, its japanese and cost about $1500

Are you going to start working for Redline motorsports too? rofl, nm.

yeah that sim equipt is the way to go for sure. At this point I took the G27 pedals apart and fliped them over to they pivot from the top like a real car for better feet. I should be online soon with it.

Gimme a shout on here or on the iracing forums (PM ME) when your gonna be on, I doubt well get in a rated iRacing race together, but maybe i’ll throw together a hosted session and we can have some fun.

And it took me about 2 minutes to get the RLMS comment :rofl

Also I dont know how long its been since you’ve run legends cars… but they made them much looser… so have fun! :haha

Stop dicking around get C Class, put on the man pants and come race trucks and Impalas

For people not in iRacing. thats a :haha

BTW Talladega sucks dick, I’ve been on the pole 6 times in 2 days, I should be winning, but no I keep getting taken out by fuckwads that cant sidedraft on the outside line to save their lives.

Won one race this whole week, absolutely terrible. Now were starting homestead tonight… Going to be a wreck fest, fast and loose… People need to learn to practice on a track for a couple hours before attempting to get into a race.

No one else besides KKK is going to care but heres the wreck at tally that pissed me off the most:

Accidently hit ESC at the start of the race, automaticly puts me a lap down, I rode the track and stayed out on a caution, giving me a wave around and my lap back, on the wave around I splashed in fuel and just made it to the back of the pack on the restart, lucky as fuck. I love running hte outside line even thou so many people cant seem to for some reason (see Driving in a controlled line :Idiots )

Made my way up to second on the outside line, making an awesome comback… Some fuckwad came up into me on the tri-oval with 10 to go… completely fucking my truck.

Yeah thats the one thing I hated the most. I take it srs and people just dont. getting taken out by a retard kills it for me.

Still in the works but, here is what I cobbed together sofar:

its all 1.5" square tube. and heavy gauge wall stuff. its totally overkill but solid. the steering tube is 2" dia 3/16th wall! the mounting plate for the wheel, and not pictured but for the shifter is 3/16th plate I cut out to the same shape as the controlls with a plasma. I can bang gears and hammer turns without this bitch flexing at all!

I still have to make the 32" LCD mount on top there, then make the speaker mounting pods front and rear. But I need more steel atm to finish it.

Shits ghetto as fuck, but who cares. lol I might even be rocking some kick ass APC racing seat covers too! lol

Looking pretty good man!

I think I’ll be doing some modifications to mine here pretty soon… Getting a Frex shifter soon…no buttons, and only 2 on the wheels so I’m going to have someone make me a button box… going to need to weld something together and mount it, ill have to borrow a buddys mig

Also for now going to mod my G25 a bit, going with a MOMO wheel with custom buttons

+1 for the button box idea. I found a PCB board/USB Controller kit for like $25. Basically the PCB has a chip on it so when you install it, windows sees it as a “game controller” and you simply assigne key strokes or what ever to each input. there was like 18 inputs. On the pcb you just solder on simple switches to open/close each input to trigger the controller. I will be making one when i get it up and running, and mount it on a nice little carbond fiber dash piece on the sim too! lol If you want we could get two and build them together. :hug no homo. lol

Sounds good to me only if homo is involved

:ninja I see what you did here

:rofl:rofl

Seriously though if you do It id be down, as I have no idea how to do that shit