PC Racing/Driving simulators?

I am hoping that Santa brings me a new steering wheel for the computer so I am looking for software now.

Anyone know of or play any sick racing or driving simulators out there? Nothing need for speed like, I want something with some nice physics and more of a simulator than a game.

any ideas?

Live For Speed
Rfactor

Are the two top ones I can think of, both have awesome physics and nothing like the commericaly advertised games such a NFS etc…

Theres another around too that a few guys on here use for learning tracks, charges a monthly fee but I heard its pretty beast.

A good sim would be “rFactor” or “LFS”, limitless expansion and cars/track are free and made by mod teams. Also you can try “RACE”, I’ve done some leagues with rFactor and RACE, but I ike rFactor better.

Otherwise try “netkar pro”, the best open wheel sim I’ve plyed and it only was topped by the subscription base “iRacing”, since the developer of netkar pro helped developed iRacing.

What wheel/pedal combo you getting? G27? Fanatec? Frex?

Thanks for the replies… I am researching wheels now.

http://thomas-superwheel.com

They have some uber expensive ones but are top shelf stuff. At this time it is a bit more than I need! lol

I like the reviews on the older logitech Momo FORCE they all say it is the most precise, best ergo feel and uses more metals than plastics, and has ball bearing supports.

I guess the G27 is the replacement for that. I will have to look into the other two you mentioned.

The stuff from thomas is awesome though. I like the seat too! lol

:bowdown Frex

WOW. That is incredible. I kind of want to make my own driving sim frame and get some srs components now! lol That is WAAYYYY more than I am looking for!

thats all you need right there, that wheel is awesome. Highly recommend it.

Yeah I want the older one with the red case and the leather wheel, but I cant find them anywhere. It seems like the new Logitch Momo Race ones are not as good as the original.

For PC sims, I say you really want to go with either the older G25 or the G27 mainly for the H-shift. Otherwise the more economical Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel is pretty good. The problem with PC ONLY wheels is you can’t use it on any console, and unless you are building a dedicate cockpit, to me it is very hard to justify the cost.

Please don’t buy the Momo race if are remotely serious about enjoying a PC race sim. No 2.5 turn lock to lock and the pedal box sucks.

Yeah i dont want the MOMO race… the old original MOMO was full 3 turn I think.

But yeah the G27 looks like the ticket. I dont have an Xbox or PS3 nore do I plan on getting one, so I dont care about that part.

I may be busting out the welder and mounting a seat from the parts car I have left over and making a nice cockpit to tell you the truth. I also have a 32" LCD TV I used to use for a monitor, collecting dust… soooo yeah I am going to make one up over the winter.

I did a review on Logitech’s Driving Force GT wheel & Fanatec’s Porsche Wheel, if you like I can PM you the links.

For sure buddy!

Thank you!

Thanks dude… I will read them in a little bit.

I really want to make a nice cockpit now. I have some sweet ideas for the tilt/telescope wheel mounts, the pedals will be solidly mounted and the shifter I am going to make adjustable to be more comfey. I am even going to mount arm rests and cup holders! lol

this is gunna be sick!

G25 / G27are the ebst for the money if you dont make it your career… otherwise get a grand together and get some TSW shit

Live for speed is the best on PC IMO

u should of done the review on the G25 vs porsche wheel IMO

i like the G25 a bit better, porsche wheel works too!

Yeah the TSW stuff is baller too! I think I will be happy with the G27. If not once I build the cockpit, I am sure I will want something better and might upgrade then. but for now, i think it will be a hell of a start.

I have some free trial subscriptions to iRacing if anyone wants a code.

Build a motion simulator!!!

I watched a bunch of videos and what not on iRacing, and now a G25 is going to come home with me tongiht!

This weekend I may have to go to the metal supermarket and get some tubing and get rocking on the cockpit. My GF it thrilled that I am going to put a race car cockpit in my office at the house. lol

Hit me up jam jam

Yeah kid get on it… we should get a shift iracing schedual setup. lol

I found this thread with a TON of sweet ideas for the rig. http://www.avforums.com/forums/gran-turismo-ps3/897913-discussions-building-supreme-racing-cockpit-5.html

Id so do it