SixSpeed454SS's 1966 GTO project

looks awesome!

Nice plate tod :rofl: :beer:

red is not my choice, but wow great job so far!!!.

Red wasn’t my choice either, but it is the original color. I’d like it to be Black or Silver. But it will always be Montero Red from here on out.

nice job car looks great

way to be single D. looks really good.

Congratulations

Looking good Tod

X2:burnout: :burnout:

Wow it is turning out really nice now. The red looks sharp

Keeping it original is the way to go. Even if you aren’t building it to win trophies or sell as a survivor, it’s still nice to see it the same color.

cant wait to see it out and about buddy !

That thing is gorgeous.

thanks everybody.

that is a great color for that car, nothing wrong with red :slight_smile: i love it

yea the car looks great

great looking 66…gotta love old muscle. Looking forward to seeing pictures once its complete. Is that a numbers match car?

It is a real tripower car. The motor is not original, but is a 66 389ci motor. The 4speed & the rear diff are original to the car. Trans has the car’s VIN on it. Most of the body panels are original, except the driver’s door (someone backed into it when my dad was driving it 20+ years ago, so he got a nice replacement door back then). There have been alot of factory options added to the car, that don’t belong on it (A/C, power steering, power disc brakes, power windows, wood steering wheel, walnut shift knob, etc). It was not a heavily optioned car when new, however it has the very rare AM/FM radio option.

I do have the PHS documents, as well as a copy of the window sticker for this car. This certifies the car as an original tripower car and shows all options that it came with.

As far as numbers matching - '66 Pontiac’s don’t have a VIN on the motor, so this car could be passed off as a “numbers matching” car, since the motor (block, heads, intake) has a proper date code that matches the date code of the body. I am building the car for me & not to sell, so it really doesn’t matter. In the future, I am planning on building a mild, aluminum headed, roller cammed, 455ci motor for it & plan on obtaining another Muncie 4spd to thrash on, while keeping this 389 & original 4spd intact.

wow that thing looks awesome man

Thanks, Jay. It’s coming along. Hope to have it on the road soon.

Looks great Tod