Sleeves locally

if no pittspeed sponsers sleeve then it’s not the same market so i dunno why you’d get in trouble. it doesn’t really matter to me anyways because it’s either going to darton or golden eagle. lifetime guarantee is worth the extra money. has anybody on here ever had darton east do sleeves for them??!?

does A1 machine shop in greensburg do any sleeving? i know they do basic head work and such

Got it. PM it to the OP, it may help him.

just post it… i would love to know who does sleeves around here.

Me too, especially since I’m going to have a spare GSR block…I wouldn’t mind having a backup N/A motor sleeved and built for when I blow up the boost motor.

I called a few of my guys and the ones that knew what I was actually talking about said to just send it out to darton east. They do so many of them, its quick turn around and it will be absolutely right. The local shop maybe does on a month, and will probably have the same turn around anyway.

The other guy that says he can do it, you wonder if his equipment is good enough and if they will be done right…

alright guys, i just talked to darton east, shipping one way is about 60 bucks. it’s 1175 for their MID sleeves which have a lifetime warrenty against cracking. They said they’ll do a final hone and everything for pistons if you send the pistons for 120. so somewhere around 1300 to get them sleeved. turnaround time is 3-4 weeks he said.

That’s pricey, but do it ONCE, do it RIGHT.

Isn’t GE only around $850 for sleeves plus shipping?

I think that was a Honda-Tech special.

Perhaps, although I just checked with them about a sleeved block for my S2K and was told $950 + shipping and I think the B stuff is a little cheaper. Either way $1300 is a bit steep IMO.

Yea, I think that GE is coming down for some reason its just not being advertised, although steve is god so he might get the discount :slight_smile:

watacanga, if you call Darton call Golden Eagle too and see what they have to say. You may be pleasantly surprised. It’s in CA which shipping is probably more than to IN, but you may be able to do better overall from the sounds of it.

I’m not sure who’s got a better sleeving technique (probably the same equipment!), but I went with GE simply because they do well come recommended in the circle of Honda owners I know and the deal at the time was fantastic.

Station Machine… Can’t come close to the prices of Golden Eagle and them though. Alot more time invested into it (they are not an everyday item).

I have never ever heard of station sleeving honda motors

Me neither, any idea what the cost is…>1500 or so? What sleeves do they use?

i’m just gonna stay stock sleeves for now. last time i talked to golden eagle they had sleeved b16 blocks they’d send me for 950 sitting around but now that i’m doing a b18 i haven’t asked. and it was 950 shipped for the b16 if anybody was curious. they also said they had b16 cranks for 100 and they’d ship for 50. i may call again to see if they have already sleeved b18’s just in case i decide to buy one in the future. and if anybody needs a b16 head they had one that they said they’d sell for 400 and 50 in shipping.

call tom at camp1320.com he gets it done cheaper threw GE and is super cool to deal with…

shipping was cheap threw fedex ground (under 50)

I’ve also never heard of Station sleeving honda’s…

i dont have a huge amount of experience with machine shops. but from what i have seen, there are quite a few in the area… not many of them are totally self sufficient. most shops in the area will not even turn a crank, but will send it elsewhere (pittsburgh crankshaft from my experiences) then mark up the cost when passing it along to you.

so when you say station machine does it… but for a higher price, i would have to say that if that’s what you’ve been told it may be totally possible to have your work done through them. but its most likely more expensive not because it’s an odd ball job for them, but because theyre just sending it somewhere and marking up the price to you.

I don’t think they have done a honda, they have done aluminum blocks before. For them to order the unique sleeves then install them would be a lot more then a place that does honda’s exclusively. I was just issuing the fact that their is a shop locally that could potentially do sleeving.