smallblock chevy & trans OR parts vehicle

\bummer on the need to be drop in ready.

well not 100% drop in ready, more like the vast majority of shit that will be needed to get it up & running must be there and in good working condition. I just don’t have the time to be piecing something together over the next couple months, need something I can pretty much just drop in and get it running after maybe a quick trip to m&m to grab whatever is missing. I already have my work cut out for me with the rest of the car, let alone the stuff that will be needed just to get the engine swapped in like mounts, exhaust, shift linkage, etc. Not to mention I already have other car/house/etc projects so no desire to be doing a ground up nuts & bolts build with this one. I want to drive the car at least a few times before it has to go away for the winter

like a complete, good running engine thats just missing accessories is fine

not having much luck finding any swaps, so at this point I think I’m leaning towards a complete vehicle that I can pull the swap and either sell or scrap whats left

ideally I’d like to avoid tbi motors, would definitely prefer either something older and at least somewhat performance-oriented or newer vortec truck with a shot body/crashed/frame damage/etc

anyone?

sounds like your options are finding a smashed up camaro/vette or just rebuilding a junk motor with decent parts. with what your looking for your stuck in late 70’s to early 90’s for readily available swap donors and the majority of those years are not performace oriented. that is if you think performace is more then 2-300 hp

but you say newer vortec or older as in before tbi which would be carb.

do you want fuel injection or carburated?

hate to be a pain but you havent really narrowed this down much besides it being auto

not really trying to narrow it down, purposely keeping options open so I can jump on something when it comes up

by semi-performance I meant not shitty bottom end like 150hp

but yes, as stated in original post:

bottom line is, I’m not really being picky here. Just looking for something semi-cheap that doesnt completely suck to get the car up & running

you’d be surprised how many 350s had 150 - 175hp. a huge misconception is that small blocks are all good, anything out of a 90’s van or truck, all that tbi stuff is garbage and low hp.

if your going old school, get a 1970’s block, if your going new school get an lt1.

Ive got some small blocks but they are apart at the moment. Also have a ho 305 in my monte carlo ss that I’d sell but itll have to wait another month or so.

Well, I just bought a 1970 suburban with a 350/th400 combo in it (4x4) but it is not running at the moment. I bought it for the front end and might consider selling the rest.

Or, if you find what you want in a 67-72 Chevy/GMC truck, blazer, jimmy or suburban, I might be interested in the rest of it.

again, don’t really care what goes in it for now since eventually I think I’m probably going to build a nailhead for it or tri-power 283 or something

I might be interested in the engine, need 2wd trans tho

I’ll keep you in mind if I come across an older truck like that

406 sbc Freshly built at K&S machine shop Keith black pistons Dart Aluminum Heads 1.7 Rockers and 5.7 Rods 3750

WAY more than im looking to spend

maybe I need to clarify yet again:

1. CHEAP

2. SIMPLE

3. NOTHING SPECIAL

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/pts/1377148044.html

There was an 8cyl 79 nova on craigslist the other day for like $1300

nice links, thx guys

Ive got a complete 305 minus headers. 400$, can hear it run.
its in my 86 monte carlo ss, I wont take less, I sold my last stock 305 for 500.
has 73,000 on it.

hmm that hear it run is tempting, might have another one w trans lined up so gonna check that out

i’ll lyk tho