Snow Tire Help?

Okay. I need tires and its approaching SNOW TIME here in good old PA. TIRERACK has some Firestone Winterforce snow tires on sale for 50 a piece in a closeout deal then another 15 a piece to stud them. I can run studs here from Nov 1st til April 15th. I normally run a 75 dollar or so a piece all season tire on my car being that I do nothing but daily drive it. I was thinking of buying the snow tires for now then all seasons later in the year if it would help.

I have avoided needing a snow tire for years now being that I never HAD to drive in the snow. This semester I am going to have to be at class by 8am which means no time to clean the roads. I am just wondering what the consensus on buying a set of snow tires are? Is it worth it to buy these tires for the s13 chassis or is it beyond help when it comes to terrible road conditions?? I know that my experience on all seasons, in the snow, has been terrible. I just avoid winter driving at all costs. I am a pretty good driver and have driven in the snow for my entire driving life. The 240 just sucks.

so what do we think? Who has snow tires that has some experience?

Jimmy

I have winterforce tires on the neon and the civic. their cheap, and good snow tires. I dont see the need to buy H rated snow tires for people just commuting to and from work. alot of highway then yes.

With a modern snow tire I feel that there is no need to stud it.My mom had a mustang 1 legger with like a goodyear r32 and it went better then my civic with all seasons

we don’t have a whole lot of ice to warrant the need for studs IMO. the new design of snow tires are remarkable. they seem to work very well without studs. i used to run studs in the old style tank tread snow tires. but the new design doesn’t really seem necessary

I drove my 240 in the snow that first winter I had it. Before it got the SR it got a set of all season tires all around. The few times I got stuck out in the snow I had no problems getting around.

einterforce is what i rock on the grand am. ill drive that before my 4x4 ram

dont waste your money on studs tire rack has proven many times over that modern snow tire technology is way better then a studded snow tire on ice

i like the dunlop graspic ds-2s that is what i run
the one very nice thing is they are not directional so you can cross rotate them when they start to cup which they will because they are so soft