snow tires

well im set for the winter but the civic needs snow tires.

on stock wheels its 205/55/16

thinking about going with a little thinner and taller tire. (205/60/16)
think there would be a problem with running these?
Plus their $10 cheaper

no prob at all. it isnt dropped at all is it??? if it is maybe some sweet ass 195-60 but you should be fine. check out winterforce tires by firestone… get a price at bruce bros. mine were like 52 bucs a piece for 205-55-16

A 205/60-16 is the same width as a 205/55-16, it’s just taller.

I’d recommend Blizzak’s. I bought some off of onyx_rock and they were well worth it, awesome tires.

ya we’re probably going with firestone winterforce. I run those on the peon and most of my buddies run them too. cheap and their pretty decent.
I’ve got a discount at firestone and I think i paid around 40.XX for them on the neon.
I can get them for $67 on tirerack but I think Im gonna see how much I can get them for at firestone.

and ya your right, same width, just a tad bit taller

blizzaks are overrated. who the hell needs H rated snow tires for lol

Get some V rated ones so you can vroom through the snow.

Jeff you win first snow tire thread award each year.

You still runnin those?
I ran blizzaks on an 04 GTO and they were awesome on that car too.

Already got mine and mounted. I really like the Dunlop Winter Sport M3. Sidewall doesn’t feel too squishy in the dry.

Nah I ran them down to about the wear bars into like May haha. Found a set of brand new LS Sport wheels with RS-As for 200 and sold the old set with Blizzak’s for $375. GEAH!

lol, i drove all summer on my snow tires. They still have perfect tred on them. Kinda surprised.

go to sams club and get some winter tires… I had no name sams club winter 215’s on the trans am and it went very well in the snow. cheap tire and it had good traction on the street too !

i ran blizzaks (lm-25) last year and i loved them. i’m sure there is a cheaper tire that does a very good job as well though.

I think we’re gonna go with firestone winterforce.

$65 a tire.

You should run these on you neon for the winter

http://www.toytuning.com/files/imagecache/watermark/files/Hoosierdrag2.jpg

we ended up buying the firestone winterforce’s $310 shipped from tirerack, not too bad