snowboard boot problems

I have this problem where I can’t tighten my boots because my feet start to hurt to the point where it is unbearable. I have a pair of cheap old Vans boots and was wondering if getting a new pair will fix this. I have to loosen the binding on my front foot when I get to the bottom of the hill they hurt so bad. I can’t even get my boots/bindings somewhat snug on my feet. I have really wide feet and think this attributes to the problem. I used to have this problem with hockey skates too. The question is will a new good quality boot fix this?

yes. just get a new boot. in my pinion the most important piece of gear is your boots. you can ride with shit board and bindings, but if you’re boots are uncomfortable, you will just hate life.

Go in and ask a shop if you can lease boots, its the best way to try different ones before buying.

Shifty’s used to let you swap any pair for any pair of equal or lesser.

I’m thinking new boots that actually fit will be better without a doubt. I wore an old set of boots a couple times when i got my board used; and quickly got new boots and it made a world of difference.

Plus if you get a higher-end boot the levels of tightness/snug is done with multi-layers of lacing and velcro over different parts of the boots, not to mention some have inserts in them to adjust how the boot sits and squeezes parts of your foot.

put the boots on, walk around with them. if they are comfy they are fine…

IF you make them too fucking tight, then they will hurt.

As Newman said, the most important piece of gear for snowboarding or skiing is the boots.

You could try to eliminate room within the liner by using a custom footbed or heel lift but you yourself said they are cheao and old boots.

My recommendation is either:

A - Shop around at local shops having season end sales. Buy a nice, proper fitting boot with a good discount. Have a shop rep look at your feet and determine the best fitting liner for you. Some are wider, some are narrower.

B- Send a PM to Audi Sniper regarding boots. He runs a shop in East Aurora and could probably hook you up. Send him this thread and he will help you out.

dude, it sounds like u are tightening the boot too much

it happens to me sometimes. but if u still feel that they are too loose(even when wrenched down) then u need new ones.

i rock my boots and my hockey skates (except for the top 2 lace loops) relatively loose. not too loose.

if you’re a size 9 i have a pair of really high end northwave kevin jones boots for sale, brand new, for cheap cheap

The whole problem is that they are not tight, at all. They are really loose and I have to crank the bindings down to secure my feet. Then have to loosen them immediately when I get to the bottom.

Properly broken in, and fitting boots will remain loose but secure and not cut off circulation.

Id either get new boots or try to remold them to your feet

[quote=“suzukiriderman”"]

I have a pair of cheap old Vans boots

[/quote]

i think we’ve isolated the issue

[quote=“ly555is,post:11,topic:25554"”]

i think we’ve isolated the issue

[/quote]

• 1, I’ve had a pair of Vans way back in the day, and a pair of Airwalk and none ever feel the way Burton fit.

At least me that is.

I tore my boots one year, and got a really shitty set for the last half and they worked fine… price doesn’t make your hurting feet go away…

I’m guessing since he has wide boots he needs to try on a pair for wide feet… walk around in them and see if they are comfy. If they are then he should be fine. That is all

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:13,topic:25554"”]

I tore my boots one year, and got a really shitty set for the last half and they worked fine… price doesn’t make your hurting feet go away…

[/quote]

Exactly. I always just buy boots on what felt best, the few times I bought based on “deal” (vans/airwalk) they fit like crap.

I’d say just go find a pair that fits better.

i bought new boots this year and have the same problem.It feels like circulation is being cut off even if i dont have them tight.I also have wide feet and was hoping if i broke them in it would go away.

Also look at the stiffness of the boot vs flexibility. Most boots have ratings for this. Even if it fits good if its stiff it’s gonna cut off circulation.

I know sometimes my feet go numb if I had my highback on 4 (highest) because it put more pressure on my toes.

I see no such person as Audi Sniper. Was his name changed?

try smafer, he works there too