So I am thinking about getting a VW

The car I want to get is a 2002 VW GLS 4 cylinder turbo. It has 50k miles on it. I do not know shit about the car and would like to know pro’s, cons, and possibilities. I was told that at 60k you need to do the timing belt and water pump. A friend showed me this: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=1.8T&model=Jetta%20IV&submodel=&category=Engine&subcategory=Chip%20Tuning

Basically I wanna know if this is going to be a mechanical nightmare of a car. I have only had to replace one thing (knock on wood) on my current car. Any info is appreciated.

any reason why you wouldn’t go directly through APR? Thats what I did.

Autohaus VW can do the ecu chipping.

With 50k on it you shouldn’t have TOO much to worry about. Wheel bearings will eventually suck.

They’re super nice DD’s that’s for sure.

I literally do not know shit. What you just said means nothing to me. Im just telling you what my friends showed me. As far as the chipping goes is it true that it blows the turbo up after about a year??

You’re wasting your time on this VW hate fest forum.

DONT.

Timing belt at 60K is routine maintenance on many vehicles. I don’t know VW for shit though.

Hope I helped out. Hope it works out for you!

Telling your parents you’re gay?

Or you can not be an ignorant fuck and keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

Steve I am looking at them sites now. Thanks!

No problem!
1.8t’s are so easy to make pretty quick cheap! Parts are everywhere for them on vortex.

Let me know how it goes.

Feel free to call me at the shop on Monday. I can tell you the detailed ins and outs, pros and cons, etc. I work on LOTS of these cars.

:gotme:

Title: So I’m thinking about banging dudes
body: OOPS im getting a VW… :gay:

make sure the CEL isnt on in the car either

Read read read.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2666114

What is the percentage of douche bags on this forum?

I mean come on there are two just in this topic.
-66impalass
-ILCisDEAD

Did you mean to say.

“There are already two in this topic.” as to say NYspeed is full of douches. or ???

VW hate aside - please be aware of the cost of maintenance well beforehand

iv had mine for 2 years… its got 110,500 miles on it and all i did was the timing belt/ water pump at 91k and i replaced all 4 coilpacks. mine is tuned with a hyperboost DV (like a bov) and a cold air intake and not much else… runs great and its fun.

P.S. 35 mpg shiftin at 2 grand :wink:

deff jump on it i say… it wont let you down long as you take care of it.