Anyone work on VW's?

I need my timing belt and waterpump changed out on my 2001 1.8T Jetta. Wondering if anyone could do it on here… I will buy the part’s and of course pay… but VW dealer wants $850.00 which is a bit rediculous.

Please let me know.

Thanks. ;D

PM 1stgen.

Winter beater? Miss the E46 yet? I’ve been shopping for one again.

Have you talked to Tarik yet? Him and his brother might do it.

Also try Autobahn in Albany right by the Albany CO-OP. Not as much as a dealer and Greg is a really reputable guy.

heh… no, I dont miss the maintenance on that car.

J,

I havn’t spoked to Tarik, but I havn’t seen him in ages either.

Where do you plan on getting the kit from? I’m going to need to change mine some time this summer too… :headbang

nicole, ECS Tuning offers a timing belt kit:

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?searchstring=1.8t+timing+belt+kit&searchqt=byvehicle&make=Volkswagen&model=Jetta+IV&submodel=&engine=1.8T

Called Autobahn, they want $650.00 which is considerably less.

I just gave Scott Jackson a call to see if maybe he had any free time to do the job, Ryan. He also works up at German Auto Parts so he’d be able to get you the parts as well. I’ll let you know though if he’s interested in taking the job. You may also want to shoot Germanmusclecars on here a PM. He’s pretty good with VW’s as well.

Will do, thanks for the shout out, I apreciate it. PMed both those folks.

Okay thanks, I knew I found a pretty cheap kit on the internet but that was months ago… be damned if I could remember the site.

PM BoxerSix on these very forums :nod

ryan talk to nick…hes done the timing belt on his s4 delucias a4 and his mom’s a4…im sure he can do yours

Yea i never thought of that.

come on the kid takes every thing apart

received your p.m. and responded. ;D

PMd you back dude.

if no one on here helps you out, hope on ca-va.org its the local vw/audi site. Look for dannyboyupstate and/or k2a3. Both good friends of mine who work together on the side for stuff like this. They do amazing work, and affordable.