german cars...need i say more

why only mechinics should own german cars…
tis a vdub. replaced timimg belt… 900 total and im sure the belt wasn’t too much. if u dont know how to do something like this dont complain about a 1g bill.

http://webmail.aol.com/35304/aol/en-us/Mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.20512061&folder=New+Mail&partId=2
http://webmail.aol.com/35304/aol/en-us/Mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.20512061&folder=New+Mail&partId=3

huh?

Wow, german red x’s

GERMAN PANCAKES!

If anyone pays 1000 for a timing belt you did not do your homework! Like pep boys 800 dollar brake jobs.

this post is about on par with the quality i have come to expect from this individual. just look at his sig. it screams “i am brilliant.” doesn’t it? i’m guessing his point is, essentially; “it costs a lot to do a tb job on a german car.” thanks for the enlightenment.

Read on the internets how to its, zee germans fucks you again.

:cjerk:

wat

actually, thats about how much it is for a 1.8t timing belt/water pump job at the dealer. now if you own a vr6, and you need the timing chains replaced, its more to the tune of $1600-2k

god, i really dont miss owning a volkswagen

eff owning vdubs.

yah i was thinking about doing the tc on my roommates vr6. upper and lower chains, tensioner, too much time and money f that

the parts really arent that much, but the labor… man. its like a 15 hour job.

and then you go through that whole “well, while im in there…” kinda thing… might as well replace the clutch, tob, ect ect…

theyre REALLY not worth the hassle. fun cars, dont get me wrong. but really not worth it. to me at least.

You guys all need to learn how to wrench on your own cars and quit 'yer bitching.

X…

i can do a few things, and when im as old as you, i hope im able to do a lot more :slight_smile:

:redx: You Suck At The Internet.

WAT

I paid 70 dollars for a new timing belt water pump and tensioner for my bug, took me 2 hours to install it.

parts are $375 + coolant from the dealer.

Takes about 2hrs in all honesty, but the dealer will charge 4-5hrs.