So i bought a Wii...name some good games plz...

So we just obtained a Wii…and i honestly don’t have a clue what’s out there for it and what’s good…

I was at Best Buy and there didn’t seem to be a lot of games for it, and the only one i saw that i really considered buying was Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles…or something along those lines…

nothing else really caught my eye…

I’m big into the resident evil games, big fan of rainbow six vegas, call of duty is ok i guess, always been a fan of the PGR games and some of the NFS games…i dunno if there’s any Turok games out for Wii…

but, now that you somewhat have an idea as to my tastes…who else on here has a Wii, and what games do you have/recommend?

Zelda I hear its the best game out for Wii. I don’t personally own it though. Big brain academy and Mario Party are both fun if you have a bunch of people over. Wii Play is great because you get some fun mini games and a remote.

Just for you or for two people or a group possibly too?

edit_ Nevermind. I re-read it. lol

I played Red Steel at someones house. It was fun for the 20 minutes I played. But I heard it gets old fast.

yeah i was at best buy to get a second control, and didn’t know about the wii play package until i was in line, and saw it with the games, only 1 left…only $10 more than just the remote but you get the extra games (though i think all 9 of them are kinda lame), good deal nonethelesss…

and probably just for me, i don’t plan on having any Wii parties any time soon…if i do the Wii sports that it comes with will probably suffice…but if you have ideas for both single play and group/double play throw them at me, i’m open to ideas…

My lil bros are getting a Wii for Christmas…some game ideas for 8-12 year olds would be appreciated as well

honestly it feels like the majority of the games are gears toward that age group…

The wii is that system for sweaty fat fucks, right? To make kids that play video games all day feel better about themselves bec. they’re losing potential virtual weight?

This is a great system for you Andy. But, remember this…

You’ll always be fat to me.

if you have not played resident evil 4 before for some reason, it is even cooler on the Wii.

-Trauma Center New blood is a Co-Op doctor game where you can operate on people
-Zelda is just amazing
-if you get Resident evil UC, get the SMG attachment for $20
-Mario galaxy will mess with your senses
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption if you like shooters
and more…

metroid prime 3 is super fun, its my favorite one so far

I hear rayman is mad good.

I have - sports, sonic and mario olympics, Mario party 8, wii play, super monkey ball, madden 07, marvel ultimate alliance.

Seriously - I don’t really play the wii much by myself, but whenever people come over it’s all they want to do, and it’s mad fun.

I’m not a big fan of the mini-game games to be honest. I got really bored of that shit. I needed some games that I could just sit around and play all the way through. You should think about that before you buy tons of games.

i heard mario galaxy was a fun game

Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
New Metroid
Warioware (Quite short, but hella fun)
Zelda: TP
Trauma Center

Target has a few of the newer/popular games at $10 less.

I was looking at getting Resident Evil 4.

if you have never played it before(or even still) it is phenomenal, better than most $60 games

:word:

It looks simply stunning, and the Wii controls fix one of the biggest issues of what is otherwise was an amazing game on GameCube. :tup:

I’ll probably rent Resident Evil 4 tonight…i’d rather spend $5 on it for a few weeks than $60 and not like it…i’ve always been a fan of Resident evil though since the beginning, unfortunately though the last system i had before this was my N64 so the only Resident Evil game i got to play all the way through was Resident Evil 2…i’ve played the first one a few times on friends’ playstations but that’s about it…

As was said:

Zelda
Metriod
Big Brain Academy
WarioWare
Mario Galaxy

This system is really designed for party games. But Zelda and Metriod and Mario make it worth just sitting around and playing by yourself.

They already named most of them. The zeldas/marios/metroids, basically the big name nintendo games. If you dont really get into those types of games, and you are mainly into pgr, realistic shooters and such, maybe you got the wrong system? a 360 can offer some good racing games and shooters. The ps3, although it may not have as many great games as the 360 yet, gran turismo 5 will be out EVENTUALLY, hopefully…anyway. I was under the impression, need for speed games, the maddens and a few other cross platform games, dont translate nearly as well on the wii as they do for the 360 or ps3. Just another opinion. Congrats on actually finding one though during the holiday season.

I own a wii with only 2 games (other than wii sports). Zelda a metriod 3, which are both good games. The only games ill be buying in the near future are galaxies and brawl. If I want my realistic fix, I play pc games. I own madden, crysis, oblivion, and carbon. If I owned just a wii, I would not be completely satisfied with the game selection.