So I Google Maps'd Bud Park....

You can see the dirt oval, the drag strip, but I see something just north of the drag strip that looks like…dare I say it? A road course?

I don’t know how up to date the pictures are or wether bud has even started anything towards a road course but it looks disturbingly like a circuit.

Speculations anybody? Shall I get excited or what?
B-Wurm :smiley:

It’s possible. But I don’t want to be the first to say it, but by that picture, the course looks rather… slow and boring. Just looks like its back and forth back and forth back and forth, not real transitions or straightaway. With that said, you can be sure there will not be any real venues coming for it.

Then again, the size can be deceiving and it could be a real nice treat.

Nice find.

Where are the straight aways?

That picture has to be atleast over 2 years old by now!! UNLESS… that part of the map has been updated. The way got the time frame is, on 137 Ave and 140St. You can see that the foundation for the Keg was just being built, and its been standing i’m sure for over 2 years now!!

Ya, its atleast a year old

im pretty sure they just ride dirt bikes on that track back there i might be wrong but im pretty sure thats what it is

It looks REALLY narrow.

I am pretty sure you are looking at the motocross track out there. the blurry (unfinished) sections are the jumps. I wish it was a road course but look at how wide it is compared to the drag strip. Also it would be VERY tight as the oval is not the big and it covers the same area.

bingo!! its a motocross track since this pic they re-did it, when i still had my 125 i went out there to try ad ride it but they were re doing it, now it is different.

and what have you been smoking lately??? this is bud park, not the skyview power center or whatever the hell it is called hahahaa :lol:

yah looks like a motocross track to me, but who knows. i think google has about 1 yr old pics

and what have you been smoking lately??? this is bud park, not the skyview power center or whatever the hell it is called hahahaa :lol:[/quote]

I was checking out my buddy’s place who lives right by the power center!! lol I noticed there was no Keg. I love using that map!!

Oh bummer. Ah well. If you go further south you see that they haven’t put in the drift pad. I was just hoping they’d have some kind of groundwork laid for a track or whatnot.

I don’t know how you can look at Bud Park and not see the actual road course.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/chromedragon/budtrack.jpg

This is just south of the drag strip. Now it’s not finished, but they have used it for rally-x events for several years now. They have even packed it and trucked clay in to build the base for the road course, but they won’t do so until they have more money.

Actually, according to the people over at bud park they do have the money now and the track is being built, but I’ll believe that when I see it. They have supposedly had the backing like a half dozen times in the past, but it has never come to fruition. :butthead:

Damn, that straight is like a 1/4 mile. Wow. should be fast.

Hahahaha oh man. How DID I miss that?? I’ll write that one off as me being tired.

I noticed that… I thought it looked like a nice course to drive. I just thought it was a service road or something.

More than a 1/4 mile. From the start to the end of the slow down lanes the drag strip is 1/2 mile long. I think there’s a very good reason for the chicane at the end of the straight, otherwise people would be flying off at the first corner.

I think that they should throw some extra lanes in at places so they can run different course layouts. At the second corner they could put a hairpin in as well as the 90 degree that’s already there and make a couple of tighter turns through that infield area while still leaving plenty of room for actual infield. If they have the room, why not capitalize on it?

But this is all speaking in the theoretical. I just want to see them build it first.

I know this doesn’t really show the track too well, but this is a video of a Rally-x on the course from a few years ago.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=B6F38F33-33B7-4456-8419-1D74CC71B893

You can see the chicane and people plowing their front ends even with their pilon chicane to slow the car down on the straight. You essentially get a slight right, then a left around the curve of the drag strip return road, back right and then the first actual corner. Braking will most likely begin mid chicane for that corner so you can expect to see lots of drivers losing it there when pushing their cars.

1/2 Mile? Man, after a couple laps, can you say “brake fade” :lol: I pray they actually get that paved. It’ll be epic.