Budwesier Park ROAD COURSE?

http://www.dc5ab.com/forums/index.php?s=6f96d781a6f058e5cfe9144166545770&act=ST&f=2&t=6422&st=0&#entry75316

I have no idea if this is true or not, but just the thought of it means that I now have to change my pants.

Cliff’s Notes: Rumors abound about Bud Park paving a road course this summer in June/July.

Mockup Picture:

http://www.dc5ab.com/forums/uploads/post-2-1110410894.gif

Hope it comes through and they have it open on Friday nights just like street legal.

Looks good. Wonder if it is true??

Extremely doubtful

Why would they pave it when the Indy is already in the works? I don’t know any other city that is Edmonton sized that has 2 roadcourse’s. That rumor has been around for at least 2-3 years. Don’t hold your breath.

Besides, budpark sucks ass.

They’d pave it because the Indy is taking place on a completely temporary airport track that won’t exist a week after the race.

Here’s something to think about…there are no full sized roadcourses in Northern Alberta (to my knowledge), and how many guys do you think would like to come out there and run their cars around the track? TONS!

Plus, it could establish Bud Park on national/international roadracing series. It really is just good business sense. I’m sure they’d pack it every single night they had it open to the public.

PLEASE PLEASE be true. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Bud has been throwing that idea around for the last 5 years. They already started with the clearing, but stopped due to budget. They were using the clay dug up from the Airport golf course.

It won’t happen, don’t hold your breath.

Like Aaron said, they have been talking about it for years.

The track was laid out about 4 years ago and cut into the dirt. They had all that clay shipped over but have yet to lay a base for the track because they need two big investors before they can actually go ahead and build it. They have had several investors on board several times, but never two at the same time. Just paving the track is somewhere in the $3-5 million range.

Ya, right around there. Stratotech was $4mill to build the whole facility, so I hear.

Yeah…paving is horrendously expensive. Who knows, maybe it will go ahead. But in the meantime, I guess it’s back to Stratotech. :smiley:

Like I said. Bud Park Sucks.

Bud park wont build a road coarse now beacause they are planning on making the area where it would be into more paved pits so when the rockeymountian nationals come again this year there will be more parking and the drivers wont haveto be stuck in mud like they were last year. It would be nice if edmonton did have a road coarse though but i dont think it will happen any time soon.