so i got a winter car too..

this is not really my winter beater im gonna get something else, just picked this up late last night tho… interior needs some stupid little things done to make it perfect… but its a 1992 and only has 114k on it…

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/mjsaurus/5.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/mjsaurus/7.jpg

But… but teh rust boo hoo.

:tup:

yea if for some reason i dont get a shitty car to drive all winter im gonna do the schmitts undercoating… probably gonna do it anyways try to keep it looking clean

what model is that?

and. you change cars to much… you need another bike :wink:

haha yea im gonna spend the tax return next year on a bike… its a 1992 325IS

i know a guy selling a mint 05 gsxr 1000 ;)… do it… soon

VERY nice, you even got Mille Miglia’s on it…

I like it.

damnit i was gonna buy that fuck, wnna sell it :wink:

:tup:

AW! me and my g/f were gonna go look at that. nice buy

Nice, I think you should drive it, but thats just my .02 haha. Enjoy though.

dude, its a 92 325, just drive the damn thing through winter

I saw this car def. seemed like a good deal

I also looked at it earlier, but it has too many issues.

The rear end makes noise and the car shifts when shifting aka the rear carrier mounts are broken/ ripping out of the body. The person before the current owner let the rear shocks go through the stock mounts, so he decided to weld washers on the strut mounts to hold the shocks on. The roof/ sunroof drain leaks and the water was running down the pillar and down under the dash when I took it for a drive. The interior is beat and the previous owner(s) smoked, so the whole interior stinks like an ash tray.

It drove nicely, but it will need some work and $$$ to make really nice.

If you don’t mind, How much did you pay?

the water running down the A pillar is from the weather seal on the drivers side needs to be fixed up a little the sunroof doesnt leak, the interior isnt in that bad of shape the headliner needs some love and the passenger door panel needs to be put back on, as far as the rear mounts, theyre not horrible but almost shot, gonna baby it for a couple weeks until i get it all fixed up, and im a smoker so i guess i didnt even notice it smelling haha

It is probably not just “mounts” it the the threaded parts that are in the unibody that hold the entire rear subframe to the car. These points crack and rip out of the body. The only way to fix them to remove the entire rear end, exhaust, gas tank and then buy reinforcement plates and have them welded to the unibody.

Search the BMW forums for more information and see the link.

The leak/ wetness was further into the car that the door seal. It was literally running a stream of water onto the floor.

I am not trying to pick on you or anything like that, but would like to let you know what you are getting into.

the rear subframe kit onm e46’s have been running about $900-$1200 installed.
Just be warned.

you stole that car from me you ass hat…lol

I offered him 1400 for the car and we settled on 1500 and when he was driving it to my house he called me and told me he wanted 1800 for it…so I’m assuming thats what your paid…I guess its cool to recant on a deal…

yah I would check out that right rear sub frame its ripped right out…there is nothing actually holding it there except the weight of the car…

I was going to rip it apart and make a drift machine out of it…thanks for ruining it for me! lol

I hope your handy with a wrench to make it your daily its going to need a ton of work…
The leaking is from the window and sunroof…my shoe was full of water after i got done driving it…

looks sexy though!

yikes, sounds like quite the project… umm looks pretty nice from the out side though!!