WTT/FS: 1989 BMW 325i (5sp 2dr) $GONE

got this car about a month ago from Dre (coldaccord). it’s been running great. relatively rust free excluding one spot by the liscense plate and the front fenders which, if I end up keeping it, I plan on replacing in the spring. also, the passenger front fender has a minor dent in it, which I wasn’t too concerned about because of the planned replacement. the paint is overall in pretty great shape, minor blemishes here and there. $1700 firm. need this gone soon. I paid $1700 for it and put said parts into it and bought said rims/tires, so you’re getting a deal. okay?

• black w/ tan interior
  • just recently put in Recaro’s out of an '86? iS. they’re a bit worn because of their age but they ride much nicer and function much better than the standard ‘i’ seats did. some seat covers wouldn’t hurt, but they’re great seats otherwise.
  • 215kish (new cluster reads 101k, I recently dropped it in because the previous one which recently stopped turning at 208k was burnt out)
  • factory LSD
  • 14" weaves w/ summer tires, 14" bottlecaps w/ winter tires
  • recently replaced instrument cluster, horn, fuel pump/filter, glovebox, plugs/wires, fresh shifter pins.
  • tons of service records, t belt/water pump have another 40k or so left in them.

updated! the bad:

• undefinable rattling in the back under the back panel; I’ve been meaning to stuff some body foam in there to stop it but I’ve got to pinpoint it first. edit: pinpointed. it’s the shock mounts ($40 or less for the two, easy as hell labor). those will be done as soon as the first new job paycheck hits.
  • there was a slight hesitation from the line that recently showed up, but I’ve gotten that mostly cleared up. appeared to be vacuum related.
  • cracked fog lenses.
  • takes a few more turns than it should on cold starts. it’s an old car. probably just needs a basic ignition system tune-up.
  • blower only works on 4, but blows strong when it’s on.
  • 6 button OBC/clock needs replacing
  • carpet is a bit dirty, the worst is covered up by floor mats/seats.
  • one crack on dash
  • fenders/tiny bit of bottom of door rust/hood stone spots/cracked front bumper
  • couple of small finish dings here and there

I’m mainly looking for a car with a relative amount of storage space and decent gas mileage. import/5spd would be ideal.

any questions about the BMW? let me know, I’m sure I’m missing tons of obvious and crucial details.

edit: PICTURE! it’s the older of the two pictured obviously. when I get the car back in my possession, I’ll get more detailed pictures.

another edit: MORE PICTURES, as per request!

Pics would help though…

yeah get some pics up

ive got a flat black hatch(will not come with turbo kit)…

I drove this car yesterday…I broke the shifter :frowning:

Car runs really good…very clean…tons of potential.

And Josh is a real good guy so do not be concerned about his low post count.

i will vouch for josh as well, hes a really good kid

and i have driven this car as well, its an awesome dd/fun car/project car.

someone should scoop this up

added a pic, more will come in the next couple of days.

he can also add he has like $5k of receipts of maintenance over the last couple years

car looks really good. im gonna talk to my gf tonight, i;d def like to try to work something out, the car is nice

trade ya for a 1991 Tercel DX Sedan, :slight_smile: lol car looks good josh

bahrump, negotiations still underway, feel free to let me know what you’ve got.

Trade you a legacy and 1000 bucks :smiley:

ha :), thanks for the bump.

also, shifter is fixed now. had her out last night. running prime.

well, i WANT it. pm me back

DEF a good seller.

more pics, I’ve been thinking about getting another car to keep in buffalo for while i’m home. Would save me a ton of $$ on rentals in the long run.

more pics added! sorry for the water still on the car, I just gave it a good salt rinse privy to the driveway photo shoot; I figured a half-dry car was better than a half-white car.

Glad to see you got the shifter fixed :slight_smile:

it was just a clip actually in the end, cost me all of $45. no qualms with that!

CRX?

eh, I don’t have too much experience with the CRX. I’m assuming there isn’t ample hatch room for what I’m looking for.