So I have been toying with a scammer... UPDATE

Ive gone through so many of these emails when looking for cars as well as selling items… The most recent one I decided to play around with, I wonder where I should go from here?

I was thinking of sending them a box with something funny but to the point inside, ideas?

Hello,
I am very grateful to hear back from you.The (Samsung BlackJack II for AT&T, TMobile Phones) is for my son’s birthday present,he was currently transfered from Us to West Africa with his team on a research on Human development under world Health Organization I’ll be paying you through Paypal,it’s secure and protects two parties in a transaction.I will forward my son’s residential address to you for shipping as soon as the payment reaches you.Please get a payment request from paypal and send me an invoice,so that i can make the payment. NB: I will be paying you $300 for both the cost price and shipping fee.
Regard,
Cosmos.

Hello,

Sounds good to me. Send your payment to “[thebigwoode@aim.com](javascript:top.opencompose(‘thebigwoode@aim.com’,’’,’’,‘1’))” on PayPal. Also
respond with an email that includes the address you would like the phone shipped
to. Once the payment is received, your phone will be in the mail. Thanks.

Hello,
Thanks for your email,i want to let you know that i have done the payment and i believe that by now paypal would have confimed it,please as soon as paypal contacts you regarding the confirmation of the payment, kindly go and send my son the item today via Us postal service(USPS) Make it registered express Mail.I need to hear from you asap,here is my son’s information,
Name:Nwobodo .I. Kingsely.
Address:# 3 Anyansi Lane,
City:Ogui
State:Enugu
Zip Code:234 42
Best regards,
Cosmos.

And then…

How do you know this is a scammer?

Get money, close paypal acct, close bank acct, profit.

Thats where ideas come in :wave:

Well, HUGE surprise nothing has come into the paypal account. I would imagine if something came in they would file a dispute saying the item never came, even if I actually did send it… But it will come to the point where he will send me the cashiers check which is fake, and there goes the chargeback…

Good point, I never thought if they have AT&T in Nigeria

I’m changing my name…

Nwobodo .I. Wonch

It has quite a flow to it.

These are already pretyped emails… youre not really wasting his time. Im sure he puts out many to many people in one day.

LOL. Well they have GSM networks worldwide. No paypal, no phone. Easy situation.

Send a Dildo and tell him to go fuck himself.

So you are a scammer? You are going to take his money and run?

SCAMMER!

im lost? the at&t phone is a “world phone” all they need is a sim from the country and can use it

so your the scammer… you suck at life

if paypal shows up i wonder if it’s legit…

looks to me from the first post, u fell for said scam, wheres the rest of the convo?

Thats all there has been, he asked for my firm price (only legit looking email), and responded with that first email… I could post all of these types of emails I have gotten over time, there are too many it would be pointless…

I want to tell him his package is in the mail, and have a special delivery on its way, its the “special” that I am trying to get at

Also remember I have been “TOYING” with this guy, come on $300 is too good to be true asking $175

If you had pointed that out, people wouldn’t hop all over you. :wink:

seriously, I’ve gotten 3 emails in the past week with a VERY similar email about a “firm” price - all scammers.

Uhhh… now what?

Dear thebigwoode@aim.com,

This email confirms that Cosmos Nwobodo has just sent you $300.00USD using PayPal. This credit card transaction will appear on (thebigwoode@aim.com) “Paypal Account”.
This payment was made by Cosmos Nwobodo
Payment Details
Transaction ID: 7AP24114xxx361B2H
Item Name: NEW Samsung BlackJack II for AT&T, TMobile Phones
Total: $300.00USD
PayPal Email:

thebigwoode@aim.com

Item Must Be Shipped Today:

08/14/2008

Business Information
Business: P.A ,Inc.
:Contact E-Mail:
cosmos8080@hotmail.com

Address Status:
Confirmed

Shipping Info:

Name:Nwobodo .I. Kingsely
Address:# 3 Anyansi Lane
City:Ogui
State:Enugu
Zip Code:234 42

He is going to ask for the difference back and you will be out $125

^^ I think its a fake email, nothing is showing in the account

Lol this guy is such a joke, email came from "paypalteamservice@mail2world.com"

dude, you either have the funds in your paypal account or you dont. its simple.