So I quitted my job

Yarr, I just gave my two weeks notice right now. Pretty psyched about my new job. I’ll make less money :frowning: and won’t be on SON all day :(, but I actually get to be an engineer for a change, instead of a glorified secretary. And I get more vacation time, which is always good.

congrats, what did they say when u gave ur two weeks?

Oh man, now I’m psyched about your new job too!

QFT

LULZ.
Boss was kinda pissed, but she understood, and kinda expected it. Apparently my “doctor’s appointments” weren’t fooling anyone, so if I didn’t get it, I’d prolly be out of a job :frowning:
My new boss is pretty awesome, he has a poster of an NSX race car, and a widebody 86 in his cubicle, so he’s definitely a lot more baller than the average boss.

good job

It always feels good to quit a job, especially if you didn’t like it and you got something better lined up. Congrats!

congrats man
its alyways easyer to go to work when you like what you do less money is fine as long as your making enough and have roon to grow.
congrats again on taking that step and I hope you have a good time at your new job.
Mael

Thanks everyone, I start Feb 4th at the new place, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’m treating the less money as a sort of investment in myself, since this new place would go a long way toward helping my career.

congrats.

is there some room for moving up in the new company? maybe if they love you the pay cut won’t last too long.

Antonio, congrats on that…

hey… wanna see some pics of a sweet CRX

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/rob89m3/My%201990%20Crx%20Pics/DSC04168.jpg

god i’m fucking crying at how funny this is

Yea, room for growth is excellent actually, that’s one of the main reasons I decided to make the switch. They’re going to build a whole team of engineers, and as one of the first ones in, I’d end up managing them :slight_smile:

Bing, is that CRX to imply that no one gives a shit? :stuck_out_tongue:

no

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32882

LOL, I just saw that, that’s pretty epic. You gotta hand it to the guy though, that’s one clean CRX.

Tony, come work for me at Quizno’s.

lulz, naw I’m not in the area anymore. Moving back to the Dudebridge, so I gotta grow my sideburns out, get some more gel and pop my collars back up.

congrats on the new job…
I understand why you want to do some “engineering” work, but I don’t get why you had to take a pay cut. Trust me, you’ll miss the money, and the engineering stuff will get boring pretty quick. If I were in sales, I think I would have made double of what I make now and would have had an easier job. But noooo, I wanted to be an engineer… so I’m stuck “designing” stuff for less money than someone selling the very same stuff…

sorry for the rant :slight_smile:
I’m sure you’ll enjoy your new job :slight_smile:

I unno man, arrogance is a pretty powerful factor. The main reason why I couldn’t stand to be at my current job, is because I consider it “below me”. IMO, if there’s a job that someone less qualified than me can do, then it’s not a job I want to have.