So I took the quad out today...

Took my Banshee out with Underboosted today. It all started when we went on about a few mile ride. First started to run like shit, so I turned around to head back. All the way back it ran on just the left cylinder. I have been having a coolant leak from the head. So I guessed it was sucking in coolant and killing the cyl. It shortly died after I tried to make it up a good size hill.

I decided to pull the pipe off to see how much coolant was in it. Instead I ran into this (those are not rocks!).

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/reckone518/piston.jpg

Turns out the thing swallowed the piston, rings, and wrist pin bearing. Most of the piston is still wedged in the exhaust port.

So if any one has a spare banshee motor, let me know :thumbup

how much for the quad ?

damn dood. That suckss

Keeping it, I will either find another motor or throw a stroker kit in it.

stroke it ,you wont regret it .thats why i was askin if i picked it up thats what i would do

Put a b16 swap in it?

LS1

Wow that really sucks, def stroker kit!

Well my raptor did fine. :lol

Good work

yea thats BS, I didn’t get stuck though. Thats a plus!

Hey I didn’t get fully stuck.

Wow, nice job man! :lol

We’ll hafta get you guys to ride with us when your back in buisness

Mine still runs here. I have thursdays and fridays off and enjoy wheelies.

I gotz a 50 I can ride :wink:

Been pricing out stroker kits. I am going to pull the motor this weekend to verify the damage. Hopefully it’s not to bad.

Current complete kits found,
371 stroker $700
421 Big bore stroker $1000
610 stroker $1500

Id do the 421 BBstroker.

610 all the way!!!

i know nothing bout it by the way its jus the biggest!!!

yup I see a wrist pin bearing!

nice! Sadly, this happens to every banshee. They are fast when they are running, but thats IF you can keep them running.

yah he will when it blows the fuck up again…and I PROMISE it will blow up again.

if done right and kept up it wont , just remember drew yours isnt the best fuckin quad out there

I have no issues rebuilding it. Just looking at the best possible reliable rebuild kit to pick up. I will be pulling the motor and shit all apart tomorrow.