quad wont run

So last night I decided to try to start my quad ('07 Polaris Outlaw 500) since it hasnt been ran in almost two months.
The battery was dead as expected so I hooked up a jumper pack and it fired up after a few tries and ran. I let it ride for about 20 minutes and then I tried to ride it and it died when I put it in gear so I jumped it again. Then I took the jumper off and it died again.
I rode it halfway down my yard with the jumper still hooked up and then it fell off and the quad died again and wouldnt start so I just pushed it back up the yard and hooked a battery charger to it overnight.

Today after work I started it up and it ran then died and started a few times like it always seems to do and I rode it down the yard again and it backfired and then died and now wont start at all.

It cranks fine and theres compression but it wont start. Theres a half tank of gas in it and Im pretty sure its getting fuel or otherwise it wouldnt have ran at all.

I sprayed starting fluid in the carb with no results.

What seems to be the problem?

well obviously it sounds like you have a ignition issue and you do need a new battery so replace that now and go from there.

The battery is pretty new. It just went dead from sitting and it was fine tonight but trying to start it all night killed it again.

It ran fine the last time I started it a month or two ago and Ive never had trouble with it like this.

check and see if there is spark.

Ill have to check on Sunday when I get a chance.
Too late to be waking up the neighbors and I wont be home tomorrow.

do a plug in it , orr hookin the jumper up to it may have fried suttin . but id guess the plug is shot . s it carbed or e.f.i

Shouldnt have bought a Polaris!

More than likely you zapped one of the main fuses which SHOULD be located very close near your battery, at least it is on my quad.

Its carbed.

I dont think I fried anything- it was just a jumper box used for jumpstarting and Ive used it on the quad several times. I suppose I can check fuses but I dont think thats the issue since it has started a few times.

I think my brother has an extra plug somewhere so maybe Ill pull it out tomorrow.

I just dont see how it went from running good the last time to not running from just sitting. I keep it covered too.

Personally i would start by pulling that carb and going through it. Their has to be spark because it is starting and running. How is the air filter?

pull the carb and clean it … as im sure ya didnt put any stabalzer in it and the ethanol in fuel now is terrible on them …

hmm, i didn’t touch mine since march and i just poured gas in it and it turned over a few times and fired up. thing runs drives great! kfx/ltz400 ftw

Yup, I dont ride mine for like 2 months at a time, go out back, and she fires right up!

So upset i just sold mine.

Buy mine, for sale cheap!

buy mine for cheaper then this dudes ^

seriously.

Youre gonna let yours go for $3100?

3500 cash and come get it.

yes, im serious.

Sold my 05’ z400 for 1500$

damn smokin thats dirt cheap for what you have in it. I ended up getting 4700 for mine. Not sure if you recall my for sale thread but it was the decked out white 450r.

yah I dont remember. I paid 7k for it, and put about 2k into it. Overall, to duplicate my quad you are looking at a 30k bill. When I actually sell it I will list it for 6 and go from there. Problem is, my best bet is to bring it to a national race and sell it there as its a full blown race quad and around here its mostly trail bombers.