wtf?

more trouble for me. i put my 6.6 in the car hooked everything up tried to turn over the engine and it did but very tight. even with the plugs out it seems tight. if i put the plugs in it turns over till it build compression and stop and i can hear the compression leaking off then it will turn over and do the same again wtf? everything is stock except the cam and its only an rv cam. what could it be?

Did you get that battery to hold a good charge?

Last night it really seemed like that was the problem…

it charged last night and i turn the car over 3 times and same problem.

but was the battery good? maybe it has a dead cell.

X2

What time are you getting done work tommorow? if it’s close to 3, I can toss the battery load tester in the truck and stop by and check it for you. Give me a call…

ground

the battery is shot now . i heard it sizzling when the charger was on it. im sure having it rough for my first engine build.

u think it was gonna be easy ? …lol

X2

I hear ya. When I reconnected all my wiring I kept welding the terminal to the battery. Checked everything 10 times. The freakin’ battery had reversed polarity. Wasted a day and a half!

easier than it has been.

OK,

Heres the deal. Got a new battery, cleaned and remade the ground connections, tested the starter, rechecked the valve settings, and this damn thing still doesn’t make more than a half of a revolution per hit of the key. The starteer is torqueing on it so har, that it is moving the bolts. But the SOB still wont turn over.

Time to haul it back out??

What kind of vehicle? Could it be your CPS? Did u do the cam install correctly?

somethign with the pistons/rings itself??

When you put the engine together, you said [in a different thread] that the engine didn’t turn over real smooth…My guess is your problem is still with the rods or bearings…This is the engine with the scat crank, correct?

Wouldn’t be a rod issue i would think, i would go with cam, bearings or CPS (if applicable)

If this is the engine I think it is, he had some assembly problems that may not have been resolved…Look in the general posts on the “crank help needed asap” thread, post #33.

Maybe, not really sure. What with the pistons/rings would cause this?

3rd gen camaro, running carb, and hei dist. no CPS involved.

After installing the cam, heads, ect, it still turned rather free, not as free as my old worn out 305, but freer then when I had the rod problem.

Anyone in the market for a 400 that is hard to turn over? Everything is new except for the block.

aren’t you supposed to measure the amount of force(inlbs or ftlbs i forget) needed to pull the piston and rings through the bore? and then there is another for the amount it takes to spin the rotating assembly. i’m guessing theres still a fitment issue with the rods or bearings.

Pull the plugs and put a socket on the crank and try and turn it over by hand…See how tight it feels…don’t snap the bolt!!! Just go 1 step at a time.