quad wont run

I cleaned the air filter (K&N) so its fine. I dont know shit about carbs so I dont want to take it apart.

I didnt put anything in it because I really didnt plan on letting it sit that long. Normally I ride it but Ive just been too busy lately.

yeah but 3500 it should sell extremely fast, mabey even a part out? heres a pic of my old quad:

yah I was thinking about parting out…Parting out I can easily come out around 8k. Its just a pain in the ass lol. I have done it in the past.

yah, I remember your quad now. 450r’s are nice. I had one.

check your spark plug first of all your deff getting spark or it would not have started at all.

I changed the spark plug and still nothing. The plug had some carbon build up on it but not too bad.
There is some fuel in the lines so I think thats ok.
I cant find my spark tester so I cant see if theres spark.

I sprayed starter fluid in the carb and down the spark plug hole and nothing happened.

put the spark plug in and touch it to something metal and try and start it if it sparks your good.

I just bought a tester and its not getting any spark.

I seriously doubt Im using the tester wrong because I hooked it up to the plug wire and a ground (even tried the battery -terminal) and adjusted the tester and still nothing.

you dont even need a tester to see if its getting spark

put a leather glove on, grab the plug while its pluged in, set the tip of the plug on the top of a bolt or something it can ground on…have friend crank it over and look and see if its “sparking”

thats what i said its the best way, but you should if it started it has spark dose it rev up high befor shuting off?

It hasnt started since Friday and it just shut off, no revving up or anything like that.

Now theres no spark at all. No idea what to check at this point so I’ll probably end up taking it to a friends house or a dealer.

is it a kick start?

no, electric start

if there is no spark its either stator plate or ignition coil…or you have a broken wire somewhere.

electrical shit isnt something Im very good with at all. Is there any way to test that stuff?

Just park it till it’s paid off

yes it’s called a spark tester… or take out the plug… plug it into the wire and ground it to something metal… then look and see if there’s spark

I already said this a few posts above this

haha, sorry. PJB makes my head spin at times

^AlpineSkiier likes this.

could be fuse bad ground, loose wire, coil, coil ground. stator and or cdi