So, Ice Racing.......

As much as I think this is sweet, you’d NEVER catch me out there in slushy conditions like last weekend. YIKES! That just LOOKS scary Marnie.

Last week wasn’t so bad. It was mostly the snow melting on top of the ice. I really don’t think a couple hours of sunshine and 38° temps would be enough to degrade 14" of ice to a dangerous level. That said, it’s supposed to be even warmer this Saturday, and 47° + rain just doesn’t sound like a lot of fun to me. I may skip this weekend.

If A.M.E.C. isn’t racing this weekend [we’ll know tomorrow] I’ll be up on Saturday to join you all on Honeoye. I’ll bring the 4WD Sentra out on studded Hakka 2’s. :slight_smile:

Mike Kamm

A little water on top of the ice will go a long way to cleaning out all of the salt on our undercarriages [always a good thing]. Ice that has wet spots here and there has much more traction than the cold slick ice we’ve had so far this year.

CNYIRA and AMEC are both racing this weekend.

CNYIRA will be at Oneida Lake (near Syracuse) on Saturday and possibly Sunday depending on conditions.

AMEC will be at Canadarago Lake in Richfield Springs (south of Utica) on Sunday.

Of course, this weekend is already chuck full of road rally and rallyx