So much for that "war vet" at occupy Buffalo

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article645035.ece

Christopher M. Simmance has told several media outlets, including The Buffalo News, that he served as many as three tours of duty in those war zones and that he was severely injured in Afghanistan.

Service records obtained from the Army, however, show he was stationed at Fort Lewis, Wash., for three years and he left the active-duty Army in January 2001 – before the 9/11 terror attacks.

Even his own mom says he’s full of shit.

+1 for another reason I hate this movement.

Also, I am not fully up to date on my military knowledge but if you are discharged, served over seas, and injured while on duty, doesn’t that entitle you to some really good medical and payments when you are done? I would think doing what he did compared to his actual service record would really change what he was paid and even some benefits after service.

LOL

Edit - Yes Boxxa disabled vets get taken care of but everyones opinion and entitlement is different. I get free health care and a decent amout of money each month.

He looks like a douche.

I came here to say next he will claim to have been “Special Forces” since this is the default of people like him(yeah ive seen it tooo many times). But after reading looks like he is one step ahead of me hahaha.

Oh he’s special alright.

It’s funny how all his activity in battle was in the same places popular war movies visited. What a coincidence.

Gaza? That’s a new one.

Wow…

Takes a true douche to lie about something like that.

When The News asked Simmance how to reconcile his statements with his Army record, he insisted the records are incomplete.

He said he was sent to the Gaza strip for seven months following the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in a Yemeni port, though he also said he served in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

In 2001, he was deployed for the first time to Afghanistan, serving in the “Valley of Elah.”

The Valley of Elah refers to the site where the Biblical battle between David and Goliath took place. It also is the name of a 2007 movie, but there is no Valley of Elah in Afghanistan.

In 2004, his unit was deployed to Iraq. Asked where he served, he said “Route Irish.” That’s a military designation for a section of the road connecting Baghdad’s International Zone to the Baghdad Airport. It’s also the name of a 2010 foreign film.

From February 2006 to March 2007, Simmance said he was again in “the Valley of Elah,” Afghanistan, and, after returning from that deployment, he was ordered back to Afghanistan’s “Congo Valley” in April 2007.

There is no Congo Valley in Afghanistan.

Bret Mandell, who met Simmance at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Batavia, thinks Simmance was mistakenly referring to the Korangal Valley, the setting for the 2010 documentary film “Restrepo.”

LOL. :tdown:

Lol. Idiot

What a creeper.

I fucking called this from the first interview.

Oh and I was actually in the unit that had Route Irish in 2004-2005 … He was NOT part of it.

:ham:

was reading the article today, what a dingleberry