new career

So tonight I am def. going in to the military from a hwile bakc i was thinking aboiut it but now I am sure! I will be going into the 92nd whiskey divsion combat medics or special forces medical sgt. anybdy in the nilitary what should I expect or do you think this is a good idea with being what going on in iraq now?

p.s. I am vonuntering(sp i know) to go to iraq as soon as i get out of AIT! sorry for soundding like dumbass too!

Ithink it because im nervous to go into somehting new and to fight for shit i dont believe in!:doh:

I’m proud to say I served 4 years in the Army. It took me places and allowed me to see things I would have never been able to otherwise. However, I would not want to be in the service now or in the future. I’d like to stay alive.

Don’t let the recruiters bullshit you. They will tell you anything in the world to get you to join. Don’t let them bullshit you. There is not a “safe” job in the military. All jobs are to support combat. Even medics. Who do you think helps the guys that get limbs blown off. and you will have to go into the combat zone to retrieve them.

If you want to learn all those cool things they say in the commercials… get a job and an apartment. That will teach you responsibility. Start running and go to the gym to build your confidence. Want to drive a tank, well get a job with heavy equipment.

BTW no one just goes to special forces. You have to first atleast be an E5 or E6 to qualify and then there is a helluva qualification/testing period to make it through. Only the best soldiers are selected to try out. Plus you would need to go through airborne training first.

Hope I didn’t rain to hard on your parade. Just my .02. If you do go I wish you all the best. Good luck.

I’m assuming you are going to volunteer to go to Iraq for the combat pay ? It ain’t worth it and you have to be alive to collect. Try to stay in the states.
Good luck private.

they have the special forces pipeline program. its basic to ait then airborn and the on to special forces training. takes 2-3 years to finish the program. I looked at it a long time ago. don’t think you’ll get that huge bonus they tell you either… you have to finish everything to get the bonus for SF. Id sit dowan and really think about what youre getting yourself into. Good luck with what ever you do though.

I hope you don’t mind being warm.

to be honest do not go in if you do not beleive in whats going on.,…it will make for a verry long 4 years

Ithink it because im nervous to go into somehting new and to fight for shit i dont believe in!

that attitude will change when you see the “real” and not what tv america shows

[QUOTE=slowkid02;501425]So tonight I am def. going in to the military from a hwile bakc i was thinking aboiut it but now I am sure! I will be going into the 92nd whiskey divsion combat medics or special forces medical sgt. anybdy in the nilitary what should I expect or do you think this is a good idea with being what going on in iraq now?

never know what to expect…

easy saying if you dont wanna deploy dont join the military

if you dont wanna see blood dont become a doctor

you have to make those decisions your self…

they have the special forces pipeline program. its basic to ait then airborn and the on to special forces training. takes 2-3 years to finish the program.

I would think you would still have to have atleast a 275 or above on your pt test. If they were laxing the requirements then they may have just been needing bodies.

notice i said you have to pass everything… the pt test is in the gidelines of the course… you dont pass it then i dont know what you do. I think its a sucker trap to keep people from making bonus money but thats just my thoughts.

To give you some idea what a 275 or above maybe…On one of my pt tests in 2 minutes I did 73 push ups, 70 sit ups, and ran 2 miles in 13:28. I only scored a 252 out of 300.