so the cressy

i honestly had my insurance run out on my 180, so instead of renewing it i hit up kijiji toronto and found the cressida listed for 500 bucks. I went to take a look at it and it woldnt run or go into gear. Dude straight up said take it for 300.

Turns out there was a hole in the intake tube(car is MAF, so you can see the issue there)
and the trans was fucked…but donedreaming hooked me up with someone who 5speed swapped there cressida and i scored a mint transmission for 40 bucks. All said and done with the help of Pants I have put a little under 400 dollars in to this car and about 16 hours of work. Swapping trans/lowering/rolling fenders/fixing intake.

Also everyday i look at this car i fall more and more in love with it. Toyota Chaser bumpers and front ends are bolt on swaps like silvia front ends, Honda Accord side skirts bolt up and in less then a month or so this car should be 5speed.

another thing i came across is that you can pretty much bolt up s14 front suspension spindles lcas and everything, just have to drill a hole for TC rod…can anyone say z32 brakes on a toyota ;):wink:

yeah thats a common mod for a cressy, pretty cool shit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/jdmvigor/cressida/paing2.jpg

tempting

DAMN THAT’S HOT!!!

4dr drift car with a 1jz and 5spd swap.

Awesome car Chris, glad it turned out. Got my stupid S14 running somewhat better with the whole idle issue. See you at the shop soon.

this thread is gonna make kengi cry man

i miss his cres

why? what happend to Kenji’s cres?

I heard it was sold to some faggot

Yeah… some faggot he is lol.

*edit: Yes I am extremely sad that I am not building that car anymore. I gave up and now I am driving a civic. lol…

props to chris! told you those battles would fit lol

Why’d you sell it manggggg

because I have bigger and better things on my mind haha.

I agree. That guy truly was a faggot who bought it.

im looking into 1jz swaps…i was serisouly going to push the 1uz-fe swap motor mounts are 100 bucks, but the trans adapter kit is 980 aud… not to mention that You can get no parts for this car anywhere ANYWHERE…if anyoen has some links please hook me up… all i can find is serialnine.com
as this is my winter car i have seriously fell in love with it…so we will see where it goes.

btw the car posted above is Ameem’s car, he is pro am for formula d.

pr0n!

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/11/27/car-feature-gt-gt-ameens-formula-d-toyota-cressida.aspx

the serial 9 gold cressida is sick find that one. im jealous i want a cressy

Looks good! winter should be fun.

Will you be rockin the MBs in the winter? mount some winters on them!

yeah fuuuuckk, now you guys got me wanting one of these too
i never knew they weighed so much

Well its been setteled, Im going to 1jz-gte the cressida. Grab some ghetto coilovers and see how this bitch holds out next year fro drifting.

That is, if it makes it threw the winter lol. Going to be lots of snow drifting so we will see!

Also you guys that say you want one, try driving in one, you will die for it after that!

Still debating whether I need a beater. If it’s cheaper then getting winters, I’d consider this and take one for a test drive. All north american produced cressida are automatic, correct? I also wouldn’t mind a YJ for winter.

mmmmm.snow drifting…where it all started. lol.

Chris, let me drive your car!

This may be just the thing I need to get my drift bug out.