So what do you know about a Toyota Cressida?

Ok first off yes I know im asking about a toyota in a nissan forum, I’ve been checking a whole wack load of forums and not many have any info on them so… yeah.

Ok my buddies grandma’s selling an 88’ mint Cressida /w 80’XXXkms. Garaged its whole life, mint inside and out, original owner /w all service records - you know, a textbook example of the old person - awesome find car.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had one or had a buddy who’s had one, or even been in one and could share their thoughts on it. I’m looking for a new daily driver and I happened to stumble apon this. Reliability is a huge concern and I know these cars were bulletproof in their day but being a 88’, I donno.

Cheers~

pm Kengi, he has a cressida.

Should still be very reliable at 80k. Its an 88 so it still has the 5m so you dont have to worry about the notorious 7m Head gasket.

It’ll be a good driver, a 7mgte w/ 5 speed is fairly easy swap if you get bored. Pm Kengi on here, he has one with a 7mgte kinda in.
Go for it if he dosnt want too much for it.

They’re very popular in the VIP scene.

Kenji hop on this!

fuck you it is…

i hate 7m’s already lol

oh so do I, their dumb as hell. But still a potnent motor none-the-less.

But it is still a straight foward swap once you get the mess of vacuum lines and bs figured out.

trevor nice try…

Yes i own a 85 cressida. Its a nice car but if your looking for aftermarket there isnt much for it. I swapped 7mgte with the help of a few friends of mine. Its not a walk in the park for the mx73 chassis but it is easier for the newer mx83 chassis. because of the oil pan relocation its enough to scare away the casual wrench monkey. Wiring is a bitch but I am working on that. At 80 clicks I say its a amazing find. You shouldnt have any major issues for a while. I would do a full tuneup of course before you get that car on the road though. If you need anything for that car I have mountains upon mountains of parts for them.

kengi

ziptied has a vip section with alot of cressi’s and such.

buy it. or tell me where it is so i can buy it.

My buddy has a Cresida, he through a 2jz in it. He is now putting his whole setup into his SC300 that he got from the states. Can’t wait till that thing is done.

Hey guys thanks for all the posts, I’m going to see it again over the weekend. If everything turns out well I’ll have a new daily driver! I’ll post up some pics and more info on it if I get it aswell. I just hope she handles the snow well.

The car will be a BOSS in the snow with some decent snow tires. I loved driving it in the winter. Its the kind of good feeling when your comfortably going the speed limit in a snow storm while everyone is going 10 km/hr. With the snap of the throttle you could easily go sideways in the snow but the car feels very predictable.

too bad ziptied are so picky with who they allow to join the forums.