So...

It’s not my business but I think you really need to be with someone longer than 2 years to be able to say: I want to spend the rest of my life. But, everyone is different just make sure you are sure.

If you do, lemme know if you neeed help with the ring. I have done A LOT of research to educate myself.

Yea Ill be waiting a bit longer, im in no rush. And thanks for the offer, ill let you know when im looking so you can point me in the right direction.

No problem. Glad to help. :slight_smile:

Looks good. Trade for '99 Civic w/ 108k miles + cash on my end?

j/k. Congratulations, you did your homework!

All the best for the upcoming wedding.

Thank you. You’d have to cut it off Crystal’s finger. :lol:

Having cold feet yet?

Or should will the sight of the altar do it? :lol

Laugh. No. But, the papers are signed.

Another update.
We booked DJ Gaza for the cocktail hour/reception. He is a former NYC club DJ from Brooklyn. I insisted on a DJ that can actually mix and was impressed with his ability. Obviously, it’s going to be a different agenda but he is able to mix from various genres especially reggae and hip hop.
We also booked the St. Joseph’s in Bronxville, NY. It’s the nicest church I have ever attended which is not surprising given the income level.
We also are close on a photographer/videographer (Thomas Paul). We have 2 photographers for 11 hours doing mostly photojournalism with some portraits. We plan to have 5 ppl total taking photos/video. We don’t plan to put any cameras on the table but provide a way for people to upload their own photos (most people have cameras) to my website.
PICS! Also, a bonus picture of Crystal holding some BIG ASS FLUFFY cat
http://www.ShawnAugust.Com/PICS/WEDDING/CHURCH/StJosephBronxvilleNY-1.jpg
http://www.ShawnAugust.Com/PICS/WEDDING/CHURCH/StJosephBronxvilleNY-2.jpg
http://www.ShawnAugust.Com/PICS/CRYSTAL/MISC/CrystalWithMrBig.jpg

So, we booked the photographer and videographer today. We have 2 photographers and 2 videographers. I guess I have these people following me around from the moment I wake up for about 12 hours. Given, I read my Blackberry in the shitter for a while, I hope he doesn’t expect to take pics.

We also booked the hotel. We have 80 rooms+ blocked off nearby and have shuttle service for guests. I got a rate of $129 which is CRAZY down here for ALL suites. Full kitchen and a living around with two couches. Crystal will have their big suite which is like 700 SQ FT so that her and the girls can get ready. I am going to stay at home as I like my own bed.

We have a 24 person Hummer. I got a RIDICULOUS deal that I couldn’t pass. It’s got 31 TVs, a VIP section in the back for bridge/groom, fog machine, strobe lights, mirrored ceiling, full bar, marbel floors, 22" RIMS, etc. It’s ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

I really don’t want anyone driving anyone on Memorial Day weekend after drinking especially around here. No one has an excuse not to really live it up.

Next up, florist and lightening.

Also, the budget is like gone. Crystal changed it like 10 times anyhow. For the record, weddings are a way for you to get completely fucked. If you are aware of this, you will be better off. I am stimulatin’ the economy 0bama style y0

JW how much have you spent so far??? Jesus christ man.

I may have missed the date but is it the 29th? Thats when mine is :lol

and 129 for the hotel? Thats less than the "deal’ they gave us in suburban PA for rooms with just king beds. :banghead

From ring to honeymoon, near $70K… God, that fucking hurts.

highfive Yea, $129 WITH free parking and breakfast. We got 3 rooms upgraded to suite for the price of $129. No comped rooms. Given they can easily fill it without me, I understand. Trust me, I was very surprised. Make sure you have no financial committment on your end. A lot of these places wanted me to pay for the unused block of rooms.

Also, I hope you are negotiating. You can always squeeze money.

Holy fucking shit dude…

It adds up.

Consider this:

$6K ring
$30K wedding (average)
$8K honeymoon (10-12 days)

$44K

I’d say that’s about average. It’s easy to go $50-100K.

damn man

Holy shit! How many people are you having at the wedding?

I said that too many times now.

My advice:

Make sure she/he is the one
Bridge/Groom should be part of EVERY aspect of the wedding
Maintain a budget and stick to it
Do it your way. It’s a lot of money (If you go to a nice steak house, that fucking steak is cooked the way you want or you get a new one)

damn i thought mine was bad and were looking at 40k from ring to honeymoon!

It also depends how many guests. We have 125.

yeah we got a real good deal on the reception! so we saved alot there, and the photographer is a frien of the family who only wants food, and she knows a videographer who is helping out. i bet we saved 10-15g right there between all!