Solar City Buffalo (Tesla Factory)

Where on south park? Downtown or south buffalo?

South buffaloish. Right past the Tops on South Park ave

I live in the Valley and drive past this site all the time. Itā€™s pretty awesome to see all the work thatā€™s being done. Especially since I have also seen the years and years of nothingness there.

Maybe this will bring me back to Buffalo. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but no plates and forks.

Pates no. Forks yes. Right next to the register

Wooden sporks donā€™t count.

Interesting I had a co-worker who went out to Cali to work for Solar City a couple years ago. I will have to look her up and ask her about it.

Iā€™ll have to post a pic tomorrow. I never have a problem with getting a plastic fork. Also the free tea is good.

The electrical work is calling for 500 electricians at 7 days a week. We have 140ish laid off right now. Those boys are chomping at the bit.

Its gonna be a busy summer for anyone in construction. Thatā€™s one project.

Then thereā€™s the new Childrenā€™s hospital and UB school of medicine getting ready to fly some steel.

Its a good time to work for Ferguson. LOL

Yeah Iā€™m at Frey right now. Weā€™ll see how long that lasts. Theyā€™ve been laying off like crazy. Just the calm before the storm.

^ What do you do for Frey?

Anyone looking for some layoff side cash? I need to run a conduit with cat6 out to my garage and pull about 20 drops from the 1st floor down into the basement (with a mostly finished ceiling). :slight_smile:

Im an electricianā€™s apprentice. Was a residential
journeymen but decided to go back in for commercial/industrial.

So I do whatever they want me to. Just got done at Conventus. Currently at Fidelis.

• Updated - - -

That sounds like fun.

Iā€™m not laid off and donā€™t think I will be but I might be able to come take a look and get it done little by little as long as your not in a hurry. Are you digging?

The conduit will have to wait till spring for sure, too much snow to bother. The basement drops I would be looking ASAP. Half the basement is not going to be used as finished so the shortcut would be to fish wires out to the unfinished side then back in to the row where my patch panel will reside. I should just do the work myself but Iā€™m tied up with other stuff.

Nice, Iā€™m an Estimator / PM for Anastasi (sitework)ā€¦ We work with you guys all the time.

yeah not sure when I could get there. Working 6 days a week right now and try to keep Sundayā€™s open for family stuff. Maybe in a few weeks if it slows down. Iā€™ll PM you in a week and let you know what my work schedule looks like.

• Updated - - -

oh yeah Iā€™ve heard of you guys! Maybe weā€™ll bump into each other at some point. Iā€™m sure itā€™s only a matter of time.

Hold on tightly to that position. They are probably the best to work for. I know for a fact that Kent has already booked a full summer and is not stopping the estimators. This should be a really good summer.

I do what I can do. Show up to work everyday, ready to work, and try to work as quickly as I can while turning out quality work. Thatā€™s really all that I can control. Iā€™ve seen them lay off guys last Friday that had been there for over three years. No one is safe when itā€™s slow.

if I can survive the next month Iā€™ll be golden. Shits gonna turn around real fast!