Text 716-7two5-5366
$4,900 USD

1997 BMW M3

220k well maintained miles

Auto

Silver exterior on black interior

Located in Buffalo, NY

Daily driven and ready to go

Listing my M3 for sale as I bought a newer generation M3. Southern car, I had it undercoated when I bought it 2 years ago.

Lux package (the front lux slats have been replaced with the traditional m3 grill) with much better seats than traditional m3 sedan. Seats are heated

Maintenance logs, with receipts:
Poly rear subframe bushings and front control arm bushings 6/18, 210k miles
AKG rear swaybar reinforcement plates 6/18
Air Filter 6/2018
Oil change 6/18
Cabin air filter 6/18
Rear lower control arms 6/18
Rear lower control arm bushings 6/18
Differential fluid changed 6/18
Trailing arm ball joints 6/18
Rebuilt rear brake calipers 6/18
Thermostat 12/18, 212k miles
Aluminum thermostat housing 12/18
Thermostat housing gasket 12/18
Tires 12/18
Auxiliary fan switch 12/18
Radiator Behr 8/19
Coolant expansion tank Behr 8/19
High pressure VANOS line 8/19
Expansion tank hose 8/19
Coolant expansion tank cap 11/19
Coolant exp tank bleeder screw 11/19
Oil change Castrol full synthetic 11/19 218k miles
Sway bar end links 11/19
Power steering hose x2 11/19
Power steering flush synthetic 11/19
A/C belt 1/20
Windshield wiper blades Bosch 2/20
Rear brake pads Pagid 6/20
Rear brake rotors Brembo 6/20
Rear brake pad wear sensor, rotor set screws 6/20

The car runs and drives well. I have taken it on many road trips, drive almost daily, never had issues. A few things worth mentioning: the headliner sags, I put up black staples in a uniform fashion in the rear. Doesn’t look too bad. 40% of the time the starter doesn’t catch on the first try. Always does on second or sometimes third. Never not started (Bosch starters are $86). A/C was working well, but stopped recently. I bought a set of gauges, pressure is low. Front left tie rod end has very small amount of play, should be replaced eventually.

PA rebuilt title due to accident involving driver’s side rear quarter in 2011. This was a sweet spot, where the car was new enough to be worth being fixed properly, but old enough that the insurance company deemed it as such. Paintwork is very nice for the age, repair done properly as shown (I included a trunk photo of the quarter panel to illustrate). Rear shock mount reinforcement plates were added to both sides at this time.

I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this car anywhere. It sits still in traffic on hot days with proper temperature, doesn’t creep up. Doesn’t go through coolant or oil (uses maybe 1/4 quart of oil every 1-2k, standard for any car). This is a nice example that looks to to have been cared for its entire life. Transmission shifts smooth. All windows, sunroof, radio, and electronics work. No lights on the dash. No stored codes. Driver’s seat bolster was worn, I put a patch over it- looks good, photo shown to illustrate. Front seats are stuck in reasonable position, both need gear on side replaced ($30 each). Rear driver’s side door lock actuator needs to be replaced, functions fine as a manual door lock. Car includes 2 sets of tires.

$4,900

Feel free to text or call me at 716-7two5-5366

Link to album with images (sorry I don’t see the uploader on here) https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNFpIUGZE_J3NL227RPfpzpJnzxUyf4XGHCadJc0xt-78edJD3fefBz5o44bUxR8w?key=Y2Roa2VGdWdBcFdNbG03WWNHckJKNGV0Q3ExckR3

Uploader is just drag and drop into the text box that you type in, or the “up” arrow icon just above the text box. :+1:

I’ve added the exterior pics here:

1 Like

Kind of crazy how well that design has aged since 1997.

1 Like

whats it like to do a manual conversion on these?

1 Like

~10 hour job with the right tools. Parts costs can vary but plenty of e36 m3’s getting parted out every day!

Sold

1 Like