[solved] I need trailer wiring help, will pay to have someone make it work.

It is very very frustrating. I pretty much gave up and I simply do not have the time to play with it and I need it to work asap so I can get the thing inspected.

I’ve checked everything has been connected properly, but when I hook the trailer up test the lights; I both turn signals and hazard work, but when I hit the brakes I got nothing. The trailer uses a two filament bulb just like my car, and I am using a plug-and-play connector.

I need someone to help me fix it. Thanks. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Would you possibly be able to bring it to my house tonight? I live right on the edge of Latham and Watervliet.

Probably a ground issue.
I had some issues when I wired up my trailer and found out that it wasnt grounding for some reason. I ended up running a wire to both taillights and then up to a spot on the tongue of the trailer and grounding it there. I couldnt get a good ground anywhere else.

Run a ground wire to the trailer frame. Those trailers ground through the ball. Shitty design.

^ this +1 run an isolated ground from the plug.

I fixed it! Thank you for all your input!

I am so happy…

What was the problem?

Those Harbor Freight trailer uses a grounding screw near the tip of the trailer for the ground from the car and all the grounds for the lights will tap into the ground via the trailer frame. The ground became too weak I guess by the time it gets to the tail light.

The solution was I connect one ground wire each from that screw to the taillights and it worked. The tricky part was when my day time running lights are all off during the day, all the trailer lights actually works even without the added ground wire, but when the car’s running lights are all on (during night time), the tail light will simply not work without the add ground wire…

They should have told you to run the freaking ground wire to the tail lights to begin with…:retardclap:retardclap

Seems like the same issue I had. I believe my trailer was a Harbor Freight one but I bought it used and rebuilt it.

I put a screw on the tongue and that worked for a ground.

I’m glad I could help then brotha.