Some of our projects!!

Just waiting on 2, 3/4 - 16tpi to hose nipple bungs to finish the coolant feed/return then this is finished… for now. Owner wants a cat back and charge pipes fab’d up, and some powdercoating next.

isnt the placement of the two sensors that close to each other and in the same orientation going to affect their readings?

They are really close…

I highly doubt that they will read differently or inaccurately. They are submerged in the same volume of exhaust gasses, they are both supplied/distributing their own signals. I have installed them side by side the same way on my big turbo 1.8T and have logged data through VAG-COM (for reading the factory wideband o2) and my Innovate wideband and they are as close as they can be based on the discrepancy factory vs aftermarket.

Not to mention this is a 1990 saab, its far from a racecar. The aftermarket wideband gauge is a safeguard for the owner, since the flash/mail order tune isnt something that can be fine tuned to need such a particularly precise installation.

Not to mention the Innovate sensor is about 1/2" LONGER than the stock NARROW band sensor. So its not like the wideband is “drafting” the sensors flow ahead of it.

That’s fairly normal and it really shouldn’t have any negative effects. I was looking at an off the shelf downpipe the other day and it had similar spacing.

woody(and friends) doin work!!

Bring another wide band down some time. I will make a test pipe on my jetta and put a bunch of bungs right in a line side by side and we can do a log. Also ill add some apart from eachother and we can test company to company and see if all the Innovate hate is true or now. :slight_smile:

Thanks buddy! :number1

Innovate is pure trash. I have no idea how they are still in business. Seriously, you are better off sniffing your exhaust and writing down your best guess on a dry erase board.

LOL

lets prove it. Ill weld in a few bungs on the jetta and we can test some side by side, along with the stock in car VW wideband as a constant.

It’s that bad? My sensor went last year on my Innovate, but other than that it seemed consistent.

Big money haters say they suck becasue the expensive ones have to be better. LOL

I ran one in my car and never had any problems and had logs from VAGCOM from the stock VW wideband sensor alone side my innovate logs and they were dead on. And I didnt even do that dumb sensor out of the exhaust, press the calibrate button crap… Sensor in the car, hit the button, fired the car… done. I also installed a few on other cars and none were DOA or broke that I know of.

Bottom line is nobody here is driving a racecar that needs spaceage technology. Hell the gauge itself cycles so damn fast, you cant watch it and run a car based off that. The controller is fast enough to log every few hundred RPM and the software, (kinda shitty yes) works fine its just not uber sweet to look at… but the data is there thats all that matters.

Its a safety item, kind of like a go no go thing when you are running the car hard. Hell, the next 60mm 1.8T I am doing wont even have a wideband in it. Bung will get capped off when not in use. I am tuning it with a wideband and when its set, removing it. Ill have a boost gauge for leaks/reference and a safety light on my inline fuelpump. If the pump dies, light will come on. ECU wont be tuned to the brink of BOOM so even if I over boost a touch or loose voltage to my pump(s) and loose fuel pressure a touch it wont be anything catastrophic and it will adapt out anyways.

Have to agree with this.

you guys just want me to go and test this dont you.

I tell you what, I will put my jetta on the lift, weld 3 more bungs in. I have an Innovate on hand to test with. Who ever wants to bring by another type to bolt in, power up and log I will give you %30 off powdercoating work for your trouble.

My plan is put 3 sensors in the same downpipe in the same spot, along side the stock sensor and Ill log some pulls with the laptop and overlay the data on a graph.

I own an Innovate LC-1. I bought it 4 years ago, the sensor lasted – the controller didn’t. Going to their forums, I found that it was extremely common. A lot of people said there was an updated version and it worked better etc. The original controller was never able to re-calibrate or program consistently. You’d bring it up with LM Programmer and set the analog output to something other than default – it’d put the controller into some sort of programming mode and lock it up permanently. Cool. Key off, back on – the analog output is still on default. Sensor was reading erratic, time for free air calibration. Controller starts calibration, never finishes – just blinks eternally. Coooooooool. They sent me another one, same/similar issues, so I threw it in the junk bin and there it sits. Fast forward to 6 months ago – my cousin needed a cheap wideband for his car, he buys a new innovate LC-1 and gauge. Will not program correctly, does not keep calibration, often reads full lean or full rich depending on how it feels. Plug in log works, same thing.

Fuck you, Innovate. I’ll stick to something else.

I think its a seat to gauge interface problem

:rofl

my aem wide band is doing good, even with the sensor in the downpipe bellmouth. its been about 2 years maybe with it in.

Innovate is junk, would not use one if it was free. Zeitronix is EASILY the best wideband on the market today.

Ollies car was in for some :skid plates and to finish the exhaust tips

Dual 3.5" stainless slash cuts We made from scratch and polished:

Few pics of the Saab downpipe I built:

Hey, will my car ever be touched again? lol

Lol and will i ever be told if i can get my headers cermaic coated?!