Some pics from tonight......

Went walking in Niawanda Park this evening…took the dslr…here are some pics with the 70-300mm lens…no tripod used.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/marc750/DSC_0098.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/marc750/DSC_0106.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/marc750/DSC_0086.jpg

Niiiiice pics with excellent quality!!

I will be in one of the boats out there tommorow :smiley:

enjoy…it will be in the 90’s tomorrow.

hell yea its about time it got warm

Still = boring (i find taking stills boring)

Get hyphy on the fstop for some gnar pics…

edit: I got one today, about a 30sec shutter speed, of fireflys. Its the gnar…

Also, i have been getting addicted to star trail photos. You NEED a bulb and a TON of patience, but star trails are really cool…

edit again: Im not bashing your photos, im just saying its a lot more fun to take a risk and see what happens, instead of putting it on auto and letting the camera do the work…

Nice pics:tspry:

Post some pics…let’s see what ya got. I am still learning this camera…how do I slow shutter speed? Let me look in the manual…

The Manual blows dude

Just understand what things are, fstop, aperture size, shutter speed, ISO etc

Then, using common sense, you can extrapolate what various combinations can and should do.

Just make sure you adjust your ISO. That fucked me over on a LOT of pics before I understood what ISO values meant.

Dont even leave your house to practice. Just take pics around the house, and see what happens…

Manual mode. On the top of the D40 press info, then use the scroll wheel and thats how you can adjust it.

Pressing the magnifying glass with the + sign and then the D pad, also allows you to tweak other settings in manual.

Play with it, love it.

I have been dying to get out and take some pics, preferrably of cars. I havent taken any pics in months. If you want to go sometime, Id be happy to share what limited knowledge I have with you…

^ cool! looks nice…I will start playing around with manual mode. man I love DLSR’s :slight_smile:

higher res.

The contrasting textures is what i like. It was a high fstop, and small aperture size

^ now this is using manual mode correct?

Some semi-decent pictures, you’re improving…but not yet there.

yeah, learn your manual mode. Much more rewarding. Start playing with all the settings, especially the color balance, apeture, and exposure rates.

wow nice stuff marc

i was expecting topless photos with sunglasses in a night club…just messing with ya. i am trying to learn this stuff myself

Yeah, these camera have SOOOOOOO many functions and features it’s rediculous…but fun to explore :slight_smile:

Stop showing off!

Just kidding, they turned out pretty well.

Good pics. You’ve got a good composition eye. I’ll give them that.

What you mean charlton heston centering on every pic?:bloated:

I’m a big fan of contrast, so in terms of that, and a quick shutter, the shots are nice. But your focus is centered on every pic, so the composition sucks. Or atleast isnt very original. Play with your 9’s some more move the subject around.