Some Polishing/shaving i fooled around with today.

hey dudes and dudets, havent posted anything really in a while and i figured id show what ive been up to lately. as some of you might have figured im building a b20vtec for the DB1 and among other things ive been workin on making my engine bay a little cleaner as well. today i took my skunk2 intake manifold and did some shaving and polishing work. i have just done the plenum so far but its alot of work.

here is how the intake manifold looks like from skunk2 ( notive alot of unneccesary vacuum ports and that huge skunk2 raised label block. also the manifold has a casting plug in the side of the plenum.
http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.com/files/images/details/d_1894.gif

ive welded in all the vacuum ports except the brake booster port, which will be -AN. also the casting plug has been plugged and welded. the block has also been ground off and blended into the plenum. also an unused mounting points have been cut off and blended in.

just thought you guys might enjoy this. i still have quite a bit of work ahead. enjoy

looks good… good luck with the runners :smiley:

takes time lol, the bleeding fingers comes next. the runners are fun lol. but the bulk of the large chunks are taken off.

Certainly, the shave job looks great

still need more work, good start

geat a drill and a cotton attachment you can get them ar harbor freight, add a little polishing compound and your good to go

ya ive got quite a bit to go but ive only got about 6 hours into it now. ill expect to have around 30 when im done. its a looooong process but ive been bored lol

took me 56 to do my wheels they look like mirriors

http://www.rspeed.org/forums/gallery/data/607/medium/scuba10.jpg

notice the rocks on the lower spokes

thats what ive gotten already lol. the problem is taking off the rough cast finish. once i hit 220-400 itll be smooth sailing. its 80-220 that sucks hahah

fuck sand paper use steel wool after like 200 to make the fine lines go away

will do. all the way 0000. then some power buffing and a little speedy combound BOOM. lol

200 is as fine as your go?? Ive never started polishing until ive hit 600-800 grit, and even then i usually go further.

hes saying to use upto 200 grit then use steel wool from there then poilish. steel wool is a great abrasive. and it doesnt have a tendency to leave random deep scratches

Neither does quality sand paper!

ive had even 3M paper leave scratches. it just happens. steel wool seriously is the tits. that what i use to prep our intercooler piping before i polish it.

Yeah it does work quite well. I used it ALL the time at teh old bodyshop.

id listen to scuba. his wheels look amazing.

Worth it. Those are hawt.

I want to do this to the k intake mani

lucky for you, you can buy pre-polished rbc’s