some random music shit i've been up to..

You need to read the setup portion again :wink:

The sound of the drum kit isn’t controlled by the drum kit, which is what makes this setup possible. I use MIDI out onto my laptop and control the sound from my laptop. Those mesh heads are over-rated btw…the toms don’t feel like toms at all…IMO. acoustic is cool, sure, but why follow the rest and do the same, when we could stay true to our sound? these days people want to hear the records they know when they see a band live. this way we sound like the originals yet with fills and improvisation that hiphop and other forms of electronic music can’t normally have. the sounds on the roland drum sets are not customizable until you get into the 5k set, or buy a discontinued Yamaha from a year or two back.

Essentially…no actual audio is sent from the drum kit…just MIDI.

but yeah…the sound is top notch considering it’s all coming out of my laptop’s external sound card (no, not some cheesy 1/8th inch shit into a massive PA but XLR out on a decent card). this way you’ll have a LOT less issues with drums (sound guy doesnt need to mic shit) and it’s digital, all sounds pre-made in a studio monitoring environment. can’t beat it.