Someone (2 someones) to hang and finish drywall. Dining room ceiling.

Long story short:

Before I bought the house…

• Complete tear down of first floor
  • All new plumbing installed (Pex piping for supply and PVC tub/sink) BUT didn’t replace the completely rusted out cast iron joint where the closet flange and waste line from the sink/shower join with the main waste line.
  • Rained in my dining room this morning.

I’ll have the demo done. I don’t know how to nor do I want to attempt (and do a shit job) of hanging and finishing.

ceilings suck but the best thing to do is go to ABC rental and rent the drywall lifter for $40. Screw it up there and get to mudding

yea, drywall lifters make life easy.
if you only have a couple sheets you can make a T out of some 2x4s a tad shorter than the ceiling, brace it against the wall… throw the drywall up there, then climb a ladder (already next to you of course), and screw it up.
I use the T method if I only have a few sheets to hang… otherwise I get someone else to help, haha :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve only done 4x8 1/2" greenboard and reg with the T. never tried anything larger.

Or just hire someone else! =)
I’m sure someone on craigslist would do it for some food or such.

i have done 12’ sheets with a home made t-brace sucksssssss and if you plan on doing the mudding your shoulders are going to kill!

Dude grab matt and brain make some 2x4 T’s and screw the drywall up. Then all you need to do it mud, which blows lol. Drop me a line if you need a guy my dad will know someone.

i hate using t’s…just IMO
mudding on the ceiling can suck but the worst is dusting, or I guess its called sanding.
Damn dust!

Where is the house? I’ve been hanging and finishing drywall for 10+ years and could use some cash if its close by. Shoot me a pm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Call my father. He does this for a living. 716-912-7137. His name is Paul