Someone cracked The HD DVD code.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_oZGYb92isE

Figured someone might care. Everyone at work is talking about it…

i dont get it. whatd they crack?

lol … silly programers

thats like putting the key to the bank vault under the banks wecome mat

:rofl:

Basically the guy just ripped a copy of Full Metal Jacket from an HD-DVD. Meaning that it’s not some fancy format that can’t be broken.

Or simply put, HD-DVDs coming to a torrent near you.

Blu Ray next plz.

k thats what i thought… just wondering if there was a hidden message…

One down, one to go… :tup:

yes, i think in maybe a couple of months.

Bingo.

It just shows that charging 60+ for a video game sucks and shoulda charged less and spent more $$ on encryption. Drop the price and I’m sure plenty of people won’t download haha.

Anywho :thumbs up: to cracking that. I remember back in the day when they first cracked the dvd regionals and that was awesome!

NICE :tup: that didnt take too long lol

these companies should realize that no matter how much time and $$$ they spend on technology to stop people from backing up their rightfully owned property, there’s some 35yr old dude in his moms basement that will find a way around it in half the time :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe they could start charging less for 'em too

I don’t think many people will be downloading 47 gig torrents of HD movies…

But wait, Fiber optics are coming soon and 400 gig harddrives are $100 bucks if you find a sale so, it’ll be getting much more practical.

i will, FIOS FTW!

there was a time when downloading MP3’s took all day, this will be no different. people will still do it

:word: I download 1gig torrents (concerts mostly) that take 13+ hopurs becuase the speed is pretty low, but I still do it…

crap I remember when downloading from napster used to take 30mins plus on dial-up, and we had thousands of songs downloaded

Maybe they won’t have to… Unless the HD DVD and Blu Ray are already using MPEG4, there is substantial file size savings available without sacrificing quality…